****The Official Road Bicycle Gallery Thread****

Soldato
Looks nice! ^^^

My Mavic Cosmic Carbon wheels arrived today, to go on my Kona Major Jake.

Sadly I forgot to order the hub adaptors to convert to QR.......can't fit them til tmw now :(

i'll get a pic added when they're all fitted.

I noticed each wheel has some small round holes on the outer surface of the rims. I'm guessing they're meant to be there, is it to drain water?

Soldato
Posted in the general thread but here for posterity as well:

ZouFfWIh.jpg

Synapse 2018 with Ultegra Di2. Wheels are from DCR Wheels: DCR Premium 50mm carbon rims (CTL made by Venn/CCR), DT Swiss 350 hubs, CX-Ray spokes and Hutchinson Fusion 5 11Storm 28mm Performance tyres. They are setup tubeless which was an absolute doddle, didn't even need tyre levers :cool: Ultegra SPD-SL pedals for summer, SPDs temporarily for winter boots.

Last edited:
Associate
My trusty Focus Cayo frame died a death in the spring, and I needed to get something in quick to keep riding. Rather than rush a very expensive decision, I got something cheap in from China to tide me over the summer. Flet like a bit of a risk, but I'm not road racing anymore (only track) so I figured it was worth a bit of an experiment.

Was riding around on this all summer and autumn... £350 frame/fork/seatpost set from China, wheels were already mine, all the other bits transfered over from the old bike

BuwPtnw.jpg

Expected to hate it, but it actually rides a lot better than I expected. A few issues with seatpost slip, but other than that it's bee pretty great. Got me round some sportives, Ride London, and a trip over to the Belgium cobbles.

So much so, I havn't gotten round to even thinking about replacing it with something... more branded. I still get some shifty side eye looks from club mates about it, but it's not like it's pretending to be anything other than what it is, and the thought of dropping £1k or more on a branded frame seems ridiculous now.

Anyone else rocking a "grey" Chinese import, or thought about it in the past?

Soldato
Hi all! Thought I would post in here as I have obtained myself a nice new road bike (had a hybrid for 3 years and then it packed up on me just before Christmas!). The bike cost £250 from Halfords and I have to say for the price it's a really great intro to road bikes! It has fantastic reviews across the board! Already swapped out the tyres for Continental 4 Season ones. Going to change the pedals for Shimano M530 SPD pedals this weekend as the ones that came with the bike are a bit of a fiddle with the toe clips. Bike is a Carerra Zelos. It will be more of a temporary bike til I get something more pricey via my cycle to work scheme later this year! But I do plan to go on some long distance rides with this bad boy eventually.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UdsWD6z3Mj39Mt8XA

mx0tUthZP5o4kiO8XSF6WEjP3d_6_82WHEEmySOHAS6bFXBqpg_gOUVTnnW09QSj89tSXIcw4hPLKnSqXI_sIJhdaH78QzSvjmyt8O98An5Kdvw6FWncGMw-GlDe_2pkag_HkWDwcUDl-xmBfQYzHzYNOE6Wiqm_0n_fAWa5lS_g4H9gtaPXxYc4O45CNY5pAJpttZoOlSnLQ5YigP7f-KGLwctEl1IWU4xhcz1Ws_C-36_RIpuJZg37zcBRwfUbqlvHPoRBtqv2IcMGF6EARiQUgIELec8UYryu-62ApsWviNx8DP4awM0f6UX6R_Y_Xx8m7TaF678OS2rcb5GimGA_3YLiZhCQRZjNbdALT_xHQ8s85sxMjXKMxFf7nxRO9gFq6utOlWjA93guq9WTAu4YXRiQW0Dp1l6-APocSbw54cWR8VxQMOo8ifN_JX_oHbnbU4gLl1qEiqOIYnf-d87UTplLLcrkiY3Oz9PIRsGu2XvuLpTWAdbgKsVNnjudXMysi4ZWOgRxUtsMemlnYcBG_mGa9j9RTUiD0WsWAE1Sm9Ej100BOYtl2I0GdgzPDexIk9rNr3ohrcvj6USyOU_JKkSTAseLqemYrAA1pRMWkC45s4HZuevdsHJ8C1iXsoA4hXxO2ZfBJ0Ra3bw9-Bt26w=w1876-h938-no

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all! Thought I would post in here as I have obtained myself a nice new road bike (had a hybrid for 3 years and then it packed up on me just before Christmas!). The bike cost £250 from Halfords and I have to say for the price it's a really great intro to road bikes! It has fantastic reviews across the board! Already swapped out the tyres for Continental 4 Season ones. Going to change the pedals for Shimano M530 SPD pedals this weekend as the ones that came with the bike are a bit of a fiddle with the toe clips. Bike is a Carerra Zelos. It will be more of a temporary bike til I get something more pricey via my cycle to work scheme later this year! But I do plan to go on some long distance rides with this bad boy eventually.

LMFuOgvEIAsLCfh-syMyaGkHYXJWX_LQ9F8fp5q_6NsCyA4a4Kk7K7RJhhtYsUczuPGLYYc4SpOB00UHqroRiral3sIciM4cxXuPJZaBb0saYtKydz1xxoMbVnS2hUcgob1d0_VvrswRTCAWL2ONQIkak-yBjaqO7VvzzVdAmTPyFPYlN52xRliPtVAO2CeQ8n06rLrJiRTBI65S8evs6JvrSYW2FiTFwnzxiU0XSc1OyssdWTRkr3v6udktclS4u4b1Oqzy5vdEyQtuYjz4YiUB7DVfEHYg_G4y5a3YyLWWptkJpxxQ9L1YgrSvuQa5-zHwOjcG4ASZnKkOi8ERS7xWv1rHLwbTnvp1TcwTSz8CDxZNpAil9viQ3ePYGKUgzFrZychIlPS8iwkmHTPNa5dPjdvCCBpzP5ZH9op_XbIPBGUQ8l5Zc_UDvvwGeL0OrT-K8-du5dVo0OlqzAgFfgKofpItR3yVFvjaoEL506OJq_50Xjxf7w2IlL0EwApULIDMrtF7RcZ-BfAbNiIaEGXOXLb2drDnVDAFwnjVIge0LSckkhLhmQStVjlwEQiLIEyObv-lArsPFXQnSBOiSDpoyS4ECpXUYjrCIlha7qqfyf4zlzlMJ0CUMjnsRwRWQSHjJiwyA3cMQ1fAikF0XrtP5Q=w1876-h938-no
Might just be me but, can't see the picture.

I think the tyre change you have made is very good idea. Find stock tyres being generally rubbish.

Soldato
So I picked up this at the weekend...

I guarantee it's not everyone's cup of tea, which might be why I got such an absolute steeaaal. Was looking for a single speed for my 2 mile flat commute rather than using my carbon road bike, had ordered one online but then this bad boy stayed low on eBay and won it! It's a brand new Temple Cycles (local to Bristol bike makers), never ridden and would be £625 if bought new. It's also got a custom, one-of-a-kind paint job by a local Bristol artist. Basically, hipster AF.

Anyway.... it's got a pepperoni pizza on it, need I say more? :cool::cool:

rSYhi8k.jpg

nXYp2DS.jpg

ecENwFq.jpg

iG4CWRI.jpg

NkZmkSm.jpg

I need to take some better photos in the light with it stripped of lights/lock holder but it's been so grey recently.

Associate
Let's re-post it here as well.

V1r in 50s
Sram Force 22 + Ultegra cassette + Red Chain
Prologo Dimension Ti
Zipp service course SL 110mm -17o
2013 Bora One
Challenge Strada 25mm Tub
Colnago HB02 42cm handlebar

gAPZpFU.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Taking advantage of the mild weather and getting some miles in on sunday morning.
GHvs4DW.jpg

Wilier Cento1 Air
Fulcrum Racing 0 Red Passion with Vittoira Corsa G+ 25mm Clincher
Ultegra 6800 shifters, chain, front and rear mech. (rear mech with J&L oversized jockey wheels)
FSA SLK chainset, brake calipers, 40mm handlebar and 90mm stem
Bontrager Ajna Comp Gel saddle
Fizik handlebar tape
and some cheap ebay flat pedals.

Associate
not actually been out on it all that much but loving it :)

reacto1.PNG
Is that a Merida Reato 7000? The spec/price ratio is pretty good from what I've seen. How does it ride? i assume its not the most comfortable of bikes due to the aero postion.

dod

dod

Soldato
Is that a Merida Reato 7000? The spec/price ratio is pretty good from what I've seen. How does it ride? i assume its not the most comfortable of bikes due to the aero postion.
Yes. It feels pretty quick, I really don't find it uncomfortable at all, it's not the really aggressive geometry of the team bikes :) Got some new lighter wheels coming for it so we'll see what difference that makes.

Back
Top Bottom