Part 2 - Kitchen (DIY-KITCHENS) refurb and load bearing wall removal

Associate
They are 'Sequoia light oak beige' porcelain wood effect tiles with textured wood grain effect. Look convincingly real.

Is the floor and room not cold without having underfloor heating?

Really like the look of polished porcelain for an open plan kitchen dining room. Already has concrete floor and retrofitting looks too expensive.

Associate
OP

Really like the look of polished porcelain for an open plan kitchen dining room. Already has concrete floor and retrofitting looks too expensive.

Not really noticed it being cold

Soldato

Spoke to the plumber that I use who is a right laugh and asked him the same sort of question about underfloor heating for a massive kitchen/diner and hallway. He sucked his teeth for a bit and said I rekon it will be about £6k fitted or I can save us both the bother and I'll buy you a pair of slippers :D

Soldato
Finally got around to sorting some pics out of our recent Kitchen refurb. With Mrs Pade being heavily pregnant towards the end and bubber actually arriving before completion and before final plumbing it did make things interesting. At least I bought her an integrated ironing board so what more could she ask for!

After months of living in a dust bowl alongside a pregnant woman and a three year old, I'm so pleased its finally done.

Very pleased not only with the quality of the kitchen, but also the price compared to everywhere else we had quotes from. I highly recommend DIY-Kitchens along with Natural Stone Surfaces. From start to finish its been a breeze ordering.

Just wondering how big is your island what space is around each of the edges and is it comfortable for your space..... thanks

Associate
OP
The island is basically 2 x 600mm Pan draws with a 250mm overhang with the worktop.

There's around 3ft distance on 3 sides and 3.5ft on the Fridge freezer side. More than enough space to be honest.

Soldato
Thanks Pade...

We looking at getting island 1785 x 900

With space around

905 sink area
1095 door
970 wall but will be stools
1150 cooker will be a stool

Hopefully will be fine

Associate
OP
You'll be fine with that.

When designing, most places say 1000mm with the caveat that 900mm is no issue anyhow.

Good luck!

Thanks Pade...

We looking at getting island 1785 x 900

With space around

905 sink area
1095 door
970 wall but will be stools
1150 cooker will be a stool

Hopefully will be fine

Back
Top Bottom