Darren Pencille murder trial

Soldato
Big guy pushes arguemt too far
Little guy feels threatened,
Little guy pulls knifs to make big guy back off
Big guy sees knife and tables are turned
Fight or flight kicks in and knowing flight is no option big guy fights
Little guy who would never stab anyone has no choice but to stab..
Stad someone once and nothing much happens.. Panic sets in and he keeps doing it

Probably tragic event.. Or maybe little guy just felt a little stabby and was out to murder anyway..

Why are you attempting to justify the attack?

There’s 2 outcomes imo, 1, he’s a murdering scumbag and should be jailed for life or 2, he’s mentally ill and dangerous and should be in a mental hospital for life

Associate
Why are you attempting to justify the attack?

There’s 2 outcomes imo, 1, he’s a murdering scumbag and should be jailed for life or 2, he’s mentally ill and dangerous and should be in a mental hospital for life

To be fair I don't think he's trying to justify it, he's trying to describe a theoretical scenario where somebody who didn't want to kill somebody felt forced to do so.

I agree with your assessment of things but everyone is entitled to a fair trial which does include exploring other versions of what may have happened.

Soldato
lolol Probably?

God humanity is doomed with idiots like you around.

You forgot to add the bit where I said "maybe little guy just felt a little stabby and was out to murder anyway"

If little guy was only out to murder why bother getting on a train he could have killed several people in private.. Go door to door round a old people area might have bagged him many easy kills, or luring a stranger to a private area migh have had a chance of a jail free kill..

Had bug guy walked away from the argument he would likley not have beens tabbed

Soldato
For me, the whole "big fella was a bit too aggressive and probably primed the nasty stabby fella to get all stabby" narrative is quite reassuring when weighing up the event.

It doesn't let Pencille off the hook or anything, and I fully expect him to go down for plenty of years, but I sleep more easily, metaphorically, knowing that taking a sensible 'let it go, he's mental' approach, as I would have, would mean I don't get murdered. It's not just some random, unprovoked event.

Caporegime
A little bit of common sense comes into the equation here. I have had something happen like that before. Someone pulled out in front of me on a junction and I flashed my lights. He was in the wrong but slammed on his brakes and came out to my window all roid rage asking for a fight. I could have argued my case but instead just wound down my window and asked him what's up and to calm down. No point getting angry etc and instantly he just went back to his pickup and that was it.

I think the 51 year old was just oblivious to the culture these days where a good old fashioned argument just ends up in tears.

Soldato
so, last week there was a bit of an uproar because a protestor got lead out a room by their neck, no injuries....
this week people are 'trying to see both sides of the story' when someone gets stabbed 18 times

ffs

Associate
18 times. That's a rapid-fire style prison shivving. I recall seeing some documentary or other where UK gang members were awed by the sheer ferocity of some of our new honoured guests and it became an arms race to become the most psychotic/minimally provoked in extreme deadly violence.

I miss the old days where it was thought that a gun was more deadly because knifing as an alternative was too visceral and would turn a lot off from that lethal action. I see this guy is over that particular hang up though and is shivving with the best of them, and somehow the argument is being entertained that it might've been justified / the victim's fault.

Soldato
so, last week there was a bit of an uproar because a protestor got lead out a room by their neck, no injuries....
this week people are 'trying to see both sides of the story' when someone gets stabbed 18 times

ffs

Lmao hilarious.

BUT HE WAS BIGGER DOH.

Yeah bro, stabbing some old dude who is bigger 18 times cuz he bigger totally justified amirite?

Caporegime
Really don't understand some on here. 5-10 years ago the stabbing of anyone to death who wasn't in the process of trying to murder you would be indefensible in this country. Just carrying a knife out in public was pretty much indefensible and would only be attributed to the most malign creatures of society.

Now a lot of folks here are sounding like Americans with the 'stand your ground' law. Entertaining the idea that this was anything less than cold blooded murder feels to me like its legitimising the carrying and use of knives in much the same way many Americans consider the carrying and use of guns normal for use in circumstances of a perceived but not actual threat.

Is this the US-style can of worms we want opened here in the UK?

The UK self defence laws have always been "stand your ground"... there is no duty to retreat if you are being threatened and quite rightly.

Associate
The UK self defence laws have always been "stand your ground"... there is no duty to retreat if you are being threatened and quite rightly.

Unlike Americans, we're not allowed guns, or any deadly weapons in fact. Even tasers and batons are illegal here. Having worked in security previously, I know we're allowed to clatter someone with a bar stool or other improvised weapon if they pull a knife on someone, but that's all very different to stand your ground laws in the US as defined there in the context of firearms.

Soldato
You forgot to add the bit where I said "maybe little guy just felt a little stabby and was out to murder anyway"

If little guy was only out to murder why bother getting on a train he could have killed several people in private.. Go door to door round a old people area might have bagged him many easy kills, or luring a stranger to a private area migh have had a chance of a jail free kill..

Had bug guy walked away from the argument he would likley not have beens tabbed

Sorry I was focusing on all the other stupid crap you said, It was clearly only a matter of time with garbage like the defendant walking around with a knife until he killed someone.

Man of Honour
Good, the mental gymnastics of some in this thread were rather worrying, glad the jury saw sense.
Woah woah woah, have you considered that he might have innocently held out the knife at an unfortunate angle whilst the ‘victim’ took this opportunity to aggressively and repeatedly throw himself against it? Hmm? Hmm?

Edit - I’m poking fun at the mental gymnastics, not the victim! Sorry for any offence caused to anyone!

Soldato
Big guy pushes arguemt too far
Little guy feels threatened,
Little guy pulls knifs to make big guy back off
Big guy sees knife and tables are turned
Fight or flight kicks in and knowing flight is no option big guy fights
Little guy who would never stab anyone has no choice but to stab..
Stad someone once and nothing much happens.. Panic sets in and he keeps doing it

Well that theory has just been blown out of the water, as it turns out Pencille had a history of violence and a string of previous convictions, including one in 2010 for stabbing a man in the neck during another minor row. Let's hope this utter scumbag is locked away for the rest of his natural life, never to see the outside world again.

Back
Top Bottom