***Official Squad Thread***

Soldato
Going in now to start seeding

Any help would be great

d118f072d71810699d3d288a06b6f81a.png

https://gyazo.com/d118f072d71810699d3d288a06b6f81a

Soldato
This will be right up your street then.

Look for RIP #2 Skirmish in the server browser and if you can't see it check your server filters.

By all means come on in and join my squad mate. The more the merrier.

Add me in steam "Grumps"

Think i've added you but theres quite a few Grumps!

If a request hasn't come through could you add me? Megahurtz112

I'll be on tonight for lots of running and dying.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
@Xcept1

Melbo, just had a message from my mate. Apparently the RIP 2 Skirmish server will close due to licensing issues ???? Can you shed any light on this ?

I've not heard anything personally. Are they wanting to run mods on it?

Talking of mods....

SQUAD SDK UPDATED

It’s here! It’s here!

The Squad Editor has been updated. This means modders can start bringing their mods back online! A client-side patch will be released at a later date to update support for players.

If you’re just getting started, be sure to join the Modding Hub Discord. It’s a great place to get your questions answered by the community and OWI alike!

Our Blueprint Developer Renn has prepared a quick introduction to some of the changes.

He’s currently producing a follow-up video to help folks with the update, fixing bugs, and redeploying with the new Editor version. Stay tuned for that as soon as it’s ready. =)

Update: It’s ready!

Soldato
|Ive added you now mate, im well deep in beer and on RIP #2

Nah its nothing to do with mods. Something to do with needing 10 admins active within each server ?

Played on this sever for a few hours today and despite not playing a "proper" server properly yet sad to see this is the only skirmish server and that it's going to be going :(

Really reminded me of the good old days of BF2 :(

Soldato
I think the licensing rules are a bit ridiculous tbh. It's the only skirmish server in the game and they want to ruin it for the people that enjoy it.

10 active admins is a joke. You only need 1 per server. I'm gutted tbh, it was the one server I have been playing on.

Now, it's time to sit in a tank on ******* Yeho for 3 hours zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Associate
Man someone must have a 3 screen setup and have the same problems as I do! Just bought squad and trying to run it on a single screen 1920x1080 and I get a black bar down the right side and squashes my aspect ratio. Can't find any solution on google. Same thing happens in Post scriptum as well.

Oh the only way I can get around it is alt tabbing out and back in again and it fixes the aspect ratio. Very annoying

Associate
This game any good guys? The nearest thing to a milsim i've played is probably Insurgency which I enjoyed, will I enjoy this?

This is much slower than Insurgency but it's a fantastic game in it's own right. I enjoy the faster pace of Insurgency but equally the realism you get from Squad. Pick it up on the sale and if you don't like it, return it back to Steam.

Soldato
OP
I think there's been a bit of confusion and some wrong information being said about the 10 admin rule for a licensed server. There simply needs to be 10 active admins on the admin list for the server. There doesn't need to be an admin on 24/7.

Back
Top Bottom