What does this entry in an asbestos report mean?

Man of Honour
I was thumbing through an asbestos management plan recently (not exactly the most interesting reading material) and an entry for a particular room in a large building interested me:

St Pres 30 NAD

I'm tentatively assuming that "St Pres 30" is an abbreviated description of the testing done on the potentially asbestos containing material (a textured ceiling coating) and that NAD is an abbreviation for "No Asbestos Discovered", but I don't know and haven't been able to find out. So I turned to the font of all knowledge, GD.

I can confirm that the room does not have a letterbox, is not a shop and is not the abode of a queen bee :)

Man of Honour
Oh man the things you read on OcUK...

I guess it is as good as any place to ask for what is relatively esoteric.

Soldato
Said said NAD is No asbestos detected. i.e. a sample has been tested and found to notto contain asbestos. The St Pres 30 will be the sample in question, it either refers to something in the room, or is a corruption of something, the 30 bit is likely to be the sample number but as for St Pres ??
There is usually a site plan showing where each sample was taken, so that should give you a clue

Man of Honour
OP
@Angillon are you able to mail a photo of the page to me via trust?
NAD should be no asbestos discovered.

Probably not without a fair bit of fuss. It's not my report and, bizarrely for this day and age, I don't have a camera. I would have to ask permission and things get formal when it comes to hazardous materials reports on a business premises. Besides, there was no other information regarding that specific location apart from a photograph of the room and a description of its location within the building (neither of which would be of any use to you). Textured coating on walls and ceiling, St Pres 30 NAD. Oh, and a score of zero with no recommended action. Which is what led me to think that NAD is probably "no asbestos detected".

Is this what you do at 1 in the morning? Were the pages all sticky as well? :o

Shiftwork tends to skew your sense of daily time. 1 in the morning is shortly after I've got home and had a shower and sat down, so it's early evening to me. Like now, for example. I was in the shower 10 minutes ago. As for adding a "sample" to the report on samples, that would be bad manners :)

Said said NAD is No asbestos detected. i.e. a sample has been tested and found to notto contain asbestos. The St Pres 30 will be the sample in question, it either refers to something in the room, or is a corruption of something, the 30 bit is likely to be the sample number but as for St Pres ??
There is usually a site plan showing where each sample was taken, so that should give you a clue

The site plan I saw gives only a location, i.e. a room or corridor or ceiling space, not a specific location of each sample. It's a summary report, which is still about a hundred pages. It's a large premises and the work was extremely thorough. They were poring over everything for weeks, with sealed areas, pressure differences to control possible movement of anything airborne, the whole nine yards. They took more samples than an STD clinic :)

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Shiftwork tends to skew your sense of daily time. 1 in the morning is shortly after I've got home and had a shower and sat down, so it's early evening to me. Like now, for example. I was in the shower 10 minutes ago. As for adding a "sample" to the report on samples, that would be bad manners :)
:D

Soldato
Probably not without a fair bit of fuss. It's not my report and, bizarrely for this day and age, I don't have a camera. I would have to ask permission and things get formal when it comes to hazardous materials reports on a business premises. Besides, there was no other information regarding that specific location apart from a photograph of the room and a description of its location within the building (neither of which would be of any use to you). Textured coating on walls and ceiling, St Pres 30 NAD. Oh, and a score of zero with no recommended action. Which is what led me to think that NAD is probably "no asbestos detected".

The site plan I saw gives only a location, i.e. a room or corridor or ceiling space, not a specific location of each sample. It's a summary report, which is still about a hundred pages. It's a large premises and the work was extremely thorough. They were poring over everything for weeks, with sealed areas, pressure differences to control possible movement of anything airborne, the whole nine yards. They took more samples than an STD clinic :)
The textured coating was sampled and the result is negative is all it means. You should be able to request the asbestos register for any building you work in.

Back
Top Bottom