ASUS XG438Q 43 inch 120Hz 4K announced

Soldato
Associate
I was at Computex and had a look at the XG438Q. Unfortunately it was only playing a video and didn't have an interactive PC/Game running on it.

https://hwt.dk/nyhed/63621/nyhed-computex-dag-3/asus-rog

The rep told me this version will go to market after summer, and they are working on a revised version of the screen, which will come out possibly winter 2019/2020 with HDMI 2.1 etc. It might be the 1000nits panel people are talking about here. I was like "you literally tell me to hold out and wait for the revised version"...

He also told me it is working great with GSync, but since it is certified Freesync2 (AMD trademark), it will probably not receive an official stamp from nvidia.

Soldato
I was at Computex and had a look at the XG438Q. Unfortunately it was only playing a video and didn't have an interactive PC/Game running on it.

https://hwt.dk/nyhed/63621/nyhed-computex-dag-3/asus-rog

The rep told me this version will go to market after summer, and they are working on a revised version of the screen, which will come out possibly winter 2019/2020 with HDMI 2.1 etc. It might be the 1000nits panel people are talking about here. I was like "you literally tell me to hold out and wait for the revised version"...

He also told me it is working great with GSync, but since it is certified Freesync2 (AMD trademark), it will probably not receive an official stamp from nvidia.

That's somewhat annoying as HDMI 2.1 would offer solid future proofing, and would be the one to go for... especially as it will probably be circa the same price.

Caporegime
£2k is my guess. And thats too much. If it was suppling HDR 1000 and had FALD I would pay £2500 for it. In fact i will buy the first manufacturer to give me that.

Soldato
£2k is my guess. And thats too much. If it was suppling HDR 1000 and had FALD I would pay £2500 for it. In fact i will buy the first manufacturer to give me that.

May be waiting months/years for the exact specs you want. I'd prefer a IPS panel to the VA panel in this unit. I'll get this and then upgrade to the HDR1000/IPS version when it comes, life is too short!

Caporegime
May be waiting months/years for the exact specs you want. I'd prefer a IPS panel to the VA panel in this unit. I'll get this and then upgrade to the HDR1000/IPS version when it comes, life is too short!

Been waiting over three years already. Just don’t get why it takes so long. All I want is IPS, FALD, HDR1000, 4K, 120hz, 32” to 40”, great colour for my photo editing and I will pay up to £3k for it somebody come and take my money.

Back
Top Bottom