Your current Fish tank Setups!

Soldato
Cheers all working now, I'm getting about 82 psi on the gauge with the pump that should be good enough right? And is it only the ro membrane that needs replacing after like 12 months?? Thanks guys

Associate
I have one 4/5" ranchu in 125L tank mostly sitting on the bottom with occasional manic bursts around tank. No visible signs on the body of any problem.
Token plants of JavaFern,Annubias nana, Eloda Densa. 6mm gravel covering : aesthetic not planted. Aerated with Tetra pump.. Cannister filter 400l/p hour
Water is 0.25ppm ammonia ( ammo locked: should be non toxic ( same before and after 60% water change))
Nitrite =0
Nitrate= circa5ppm
PH =7.4
Temp=circa 68F
API Pimafix added to tank water.

one hour methyline blue bath in separate tank.

Have recently lost a ranchu to,what I now believe was ,cotton fungus a seconadary to recent Nitrite spike.

Where to go from here?

Soldato
How warm is the tank? It's 31C here currently.

My tank is sitting at 26C and it's been above target temp for all of these hot days. It's on the hot side for fancy goldfish.

If it's too hot turn off the lights place a fan blowing across the top of the tank and it should take a few C off.

EDIT: have RTM'd to get it moved to the fish thread.

Soldato
Anyone know a place which will take in platy fry? I have a lone female who apparently arrived already pregnant and has had about 12 babies. I need to shift them (the males at least) as there won't be room in the tank once they are adults :p

Most places I've spoken to won't take in live bearers :/

Associate
Anyone know a place which will take in platy fry? I have a lone female who apparently arrived already pregnant and has had about 12 babies. I need to shift them (the males at least) as there won't be room in the tank once they are adults :p

Most places I've spoken to won't take in live bearers :/
I took my endlers to maidenhead aquatics a fair bit. they probably just use them as feeder fish.

Soldato
Set my doser back up today. Was managing on pure water changes up until yesterday but coraline algae has gone mad and is using up all the calcium in my tank.

Running out of space (before its asked the containers arent just balancing there they are Velcro’d to the side as well as sitting on the side and back rim of tank)

tOA89qk.jpg

Quick but rubbish pic of tank 5oVfOAW.jpg

Last edited:
Don
I have one 4/5" ranchu in 125L tank mostly sitting on the bottom with occasional manic bursts around tank. No visible signs on the body of any problem.
Token plants of JavaFern,Annubias nana, Eloda Densa. 6mm gravel covering : aesthetic not planted. Aerated with Tetra pump.. Cannister filter 400l/p hour
Water is 0.25ppm ammonia ( ammo locked: should be non toxic ( same before and after 60% water change))
Nitrite =0
Nitrate= circa5ppm
PH =7.4
Temp=circa 68F
API Pimafix added to tank water.

one hour methyline blue bath in separate tank.

Have recently lost a ranchu to,what I now believe was ,cotton fungus a seconadary to recent Nitrite spike.

Where to go from here?

Hope your Ranchu are OK;

Someone here might be able to help with your issues :)

Soldato
Hey guys, I bought a hammer coral and torch coral yesterday. Any 1 know if the hammer needs a lot of flow. And what parameter do I need to keep them. Ammonia is 0ppm,Nitrite 0ppm,Nitrate 5ppm, Temp is 26C and salinity is 1.026. Do I need to worry about Alkalinity,Calcium and Magnesium? Thanks

Soldato
Hey guys, I bought a hammer coral and torch coral yesterday. Any 1 know if the hammer needs a lot of flow. And what parameter do I need to keep them. Ammonia is 0ppm,Nitrite 0ppm,Nitrate 5ppm, Temp is 26C and salinity is 1.026. Do I need to worry about Alkalinity,Calcium and Magnesium? Thanks
Just keep the levels in check and you'll be fine, they prefer moderate flow nothing to much, bottom to middle for placement.

Soldato
Just keep the levels in check and you'll be fine, they prefer moderate flow nothing to much, bottom to middle for placement.
Ok cheers, is it ok to put the torch on the rock? It comes on a frag discs. Also any1 here heat there new mixed salt water and put into tank or not?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom