Petition to sack Chris Packham from BBC

Soldato
I've kept my eye on this thread and you're banging your head against a brick wall @Fett

I'm not sure why Foxeye hates farmers so much either, some of the nicest people you'll ever meet, perhaps a cow looked at him funny once? Who knows.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Caporegime
I've kept my eye on this thread and you're banging your head against a brick wall @Fett

I'm not sure why Foxeye hates farmers so much either, some of the nicest people you'll ever meet, perhaps a cow looked at him funny once? Who knows.
Farmers have opposed every single re-introduction; past, present and future. They have outright scuppered many projects.

The government has given them and their various lobbying groups an absurd amount of influence and power over government policy.

When the law or the scientific community disagrees with farmers, they are not slow to break the law and do whatever they want to regardless. They routinely ignore scientific consensus, in order to keep culling wildlife they do not like. Or burn areas of land when the scientific evidence is that burning is not necessary or harmful.

One of my siblings was almost killed by the sheer recklessness of a farmer, who literally gambled with his life because he could. As a 9 year old child, he took him on his way back from school and ordered him to stand in the middle of the road (at a junction). He gave him a stick and told him to wave it. What followed was a stampeding herd of cows which knocked him down and ran around/past him. If one of them had have trampled him he'd be dead. My mum was furious and confronted the farmer after learning what had happened. His response? "Your boys are soft. Thanks to them I've had to spend my afternoon rounding up my cows, because your boys couldn't even help me herd some cows." He had no remorse at all and was angry that his cows had run down the wrong road.

Farmers like that can go **** themselves.

Back
Top Bottom