• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Caporegime
You sound like you don't want anyone to be able to buy new stuff.

If all you want to do is have a stable platform for 3600-3900x (dunno about 3950x, probably wouldnt risk it) then i don't see the point, and frankly the reasons for getting a X570 are really niche.

The fact that PCIE 5, DDR5 and what not are coming soon, these boards are clearly priced with that in mind, the fact is that AMD wanted the older boards to be compatible, so the new boards have to price that availability in as well, especially on the thicc ego booster boards.

Soldato
I'm a bit behind on all the leaks and stuff. I know there's been some benchmarks that show the 3800X beating the 9900k in work loads. Have there been any that compare IPC?

Permabanned
ifjnelu2rd731.gif

Caporegime
Soldato
I was going to go for top line x570 board but then prices started coming out, £777 for top line ones if not more. The pricing seems absurd. I am not proficient in tech so I cannot wrap my head around the £600 difference from £150 base entry x570 boards.

Would it be possible to get a x570 motherboard with good vram, very good audio chip and integrated wifi, or premium boards for £700 is the only way to get those things?

Caporegime
I was going to go for top line x570 board but then prices started coming out, £777 for top line ones if not more. The pricing seems absurd. I am not proficient in tech so I cannot wrap my head around the £600 difference from £150 base entry x570 boards.

Would it be possible to get a x570 motherboard with good vram, very good audio chip and integrated wifi, or premium boards for £700 is the only way to get those things?
Cheaper boards will have all those. No need to spend silly money.

Caporegime

The £200 board above has 10 + 2 VRMs and up rated ALC887 Audio.

You don't need to spend £700 on a board to get a good one.

Board vendors have said they are already selling more 400 series boards than they are Intel and I think they have very high expectations from Ryzen 3000 so all the "premium" marketing BS is moving to where they think the bulk of sales are going to come from, they are predicting a shift from Intel to AMD.

Boards over £300 are going to be full of flimflam marketing and little more, don't buy them, don't justify the pricing.

Caporegime
Honestly things like the godlike is obviously for the ultra-super-mega niche extreme overclocking crowd, plus a few whales who dont care about the money they spend.

Back
Top Bottom