Spec me a Vacuum

Soldato
so the conclusion from above is that battery dysons are not as good as their corded predecessors ... does which or anyone actually objectively compare suction/endurance on these. ?
- there is some semblence of objective tv reviews that people read before purchase .. but, for not much cheaper dysons, do folks just buy them 'blind'

Indeed, there has to be some 'that's a face only a mother could love' psychology to buying a dyson, too, that I don't get, being a German Miele/bosch/Aeg, traditional shape, owner;
the powered rotary brush head I have would wear out the carpet pile, and my ears, if used too frequently.

the dyson fans and, new to me, (£400) desk light are more asthetic.

Soldato
It'll fall apart. Wont seem like such a bargain then lol.

I literally broke the handle off our vac air3 pet - they arent built to last.

I've broken the plastic handle on my Dyson cylinder vac in the past where there was a bit of resistance to the angle I had it at doing the edges. Cost of a spare Dyson part is eye watering.

Some of the plastic bits on the Vax are cheap quality like the cable wind clips but overall it does just as good a job as our last Dyson upright at a fraction of the cost. The Dyson's do loose suction too even after cleaning filters. No loss of suction so far with the Vax.

Soldato
so the conclusion from above is that battery dysons are not as good as their corded predecessors ... does which or anyone actually objectively compare suction/endurance on these. ?
- there is some semblence of objective tv reviews that people read before purchase .. but, for not much cheaper dysons, do folks just buy them 'blind'

Indeed, there has to be some 'that's a face only a mother could love' psychology to buying a dyson, too, that I don't get, being a German Miele/bosch/Aeg, traditional shape, owner;
the powered rotary brush head I have would wear out the carpet pile, and my ears, if used too frequently.

the dyson fans and, new to me, (£400) desk light are more asthetic.

I think Dyson have created that Apple type mentality where people just buy them because the brand is familiar. I wouldn't buy a vac for its design aesthetics since I'm not planning on it sitting centre stage in a room, it goes away in a cupboard after use.

Soldato
Henry has charisma ... but the Dysons they're the pompidou centre of appliances

( .. new 'ugliest' appliance thread. ? those clear kettles with led lights are bad )

Caporegime
I think Dyson have created that Apple type mentality where people just buy them because the brand is familiar. I wouldn't buy a vac for its design aesthetics since I'm not planning on it sitting centre stage in a room, it goes away in a cupboard after use.

pretty much this. the profit margin is such that dyson is now one of the biggest land owners in the UK.

they are made abroad with cheap labour and manufacturing and yet cost a fortune for what is on the majority plastic.

Soldato
I have a cordless Shark and it's great, it's the IF200UK model and is £250 but must have been on sale when I bought it for £199. I was also interested in a Dyson because Dyson but the prices are ... but don't think you aren't getting as good a product by going with Shark, imo the Shark's are far better.

There's a great Youtube channel Vacuum Wars that had several videos I watched, try this one and search the channel for more :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLWaxNRbRq4

Associate
That video is awefull, the reviewer hasn't owned or used either product, seems awefully biased towards shark with regards to batter life (discrediting users stating battery is 17 minutes for the shark, but accepts user accounts for the Dyson). Doesn't award the dyson for suction power which would have resulted in both vacuums winning in two catergories.

I'd look for better reviews before making a purchase

Associate
My DC25 Animal is about to die, dunno what to do for.
It's been amazing and has lasted since 2008 when i bought this house, ive swapped a couple of bits over but im pretty happy with my Dyson experience.
The V11 looks amazing but price is stupid, tempted to just get one of the recent Dyson balls

Back
Top Bottom