Poll: Austrian Grand Prix 2019, Spielberg - Race 9/21

Rate the 2019 Austiran Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
Soldato
Clear penalty surely, he purposefully pushed him out/kept him out. He done almost the exact same thing before and left a car width of room. He saw a win if he got the overtake and broke the rules. Surely thats simple.

Soldato
Good race. I dislike both Red bull and Ferrari but I like both Max & Charles so am not really bothered who won between them. Another change after the race is bad for F1 though.

Associate
Vettel sully as ever. Geez, just retire.

If you truly believe that then F1 is just not for you.
Vettel sully as ever. Geez, just retire.

If you truly believe that then F1 is just not for you.

Been watching f1 all my life, in my opinion, that last 3 races have been dull, and apart from verstappen in last 3 laps, this race wasnt much better.

Caporegime
Way I look at it, is if you treat the white line as a solid concrete wall, would max still have forced Charles to smash into it, or would he have given more room to allow Charles to stay next to him?

He should obviously as per the rules allow a cars width so you do not force another driver off track.

The fact its not a solid wall, and just nice run off is completeky immaterial.

Transmission breaker
Don
I have no dog in this fight, I like both drivers equally, but the moment leclerc left that tight line open with Max on DRS steaming up behind, he gave away the corner.
I suspect after he left it open, he might have been better braking early and trying to the undercut slow in fast out to get back under max and have the inside for the next corner.
Would have been a tough ask as Max would still have DRS, but it would have been better than banging wheels in a corner he already lost.

Soldato
Way I look at it, is if you treat the white line as a solid concrete wall, would max still have forced Charles to smash into it, or would he have given more room to allow Charles to stay next to him?

He should obviously as per the rules allow a cars width so you do not force another driver off track.

The fact its not a solid wall, and just nice run off is completeky immaterial.
He would and would have expected Leclerc to back out of it or crash

Caporegime
If the tracks weren't built with runoffs Leclerc wouldn't have been alongside, as soon as Verstappen dives down the inside he has clear track position and the onus is on Leclerc to avoid a collision. Leclerc could have manouvred his car to come back at Max down the inside on the following straght but that would meant accepting he had lost the place which drivers today rarely want to do. It's not like being side by side on a straight and squeezing someone like Vettel did with Norris because in that situation neither driver has advantage.

Caporegime
Investigations gonna start in 45 minutes time........should be enough to clear the car parks out for when they give Max a penalty :p

Pretty much always a 45 min delay for investigations, allows FIA to get telemetry data etc after the race, it was last race when Ricciardo got 10 seconds of penalties hour and a bit after the race finished.

Back
Top Bottom