Poll: Austrian Grand Prix 2019, Spielberg - Race 9/21

Rate the 2019 Austiran Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters

smr

smr

Soldato
Epic race. Really enjoyed that. That battle at the end was immense.

Oh and this photo ... what a cracker.

65873286_10156449240237644_8372320234178084864_n.jpg

Caporegime
They were able to decide in Canada in minutes without all that info though. Why is this any different?

There's no time pressure. If a judgement can be given during the race then drivers can react to it and it makes a different if they give it within 2 laps or 45 minutes. After the race it really doesn't make any difference at all, so they can take their time and be completely sure of their decision.

Transmission breaker
Don
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixmGVL4dedI

Rosberg in 2016 got 10s for the same move. This should be a no brainer

At the point of contact, Rosberg was behind, different circumstances :)
F1 is a sport of tight margins. These two incidents are different sides of that margin

Not to mention Rosberg simply "forgot" to turn in... watch the onboard of both incidents.

Soldato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixmGVL4dedI

Rosberg in 2016 got 10s for the same move. This should be a no brainer

Again it's different, Rosberg didn't even try to take the corner and Ham' left him more than enough space. That collision happened before the corner, this one was towards the end of the corner so again it's not the same at all.

I don't care, I'm a Mclaren fan so don't have a dog in this fight, I just wan't the FIA et al to let the drivers race. I still think this was harsh but fair, the RedBull had the pace of the Ferrari and fresher tires. We want these drivers to race and try, the FIA/race control need to back off some.

smr

smr

Soldato
Doesn't matter its a slam dunk penalty according to the rules. Max hit another car and forced him off track. Clear penalty. Shouldn't be but the rules need rewriting, simple as that.

I hope it's not a penalty as I'd rather see Leclerc win his first race without penalties deciding it.

Associate
The Sky team are doing my head in with the 'all we want is proper racing' nonsense. If you wanted proper racing you'd want moves like this penalised every time because the moves are designed to kill 'proper racing'. Look what happened in the previous lap when they both stuck to the rules, they had a great side by side battle down to the next corner... then the next lap we see what happens when you don't follow the rules and crowd the other driver off tracks, the racing ends. If they had stuck to the rules they would have gone side by side again and battled for the following corner like the previous lap.

The rule exists to promote good racing, the move Verstappen did aims to end the good racing. As always the problem is with how inconstantly they apply the rule, if all the drivers know they will definitely get a penalty for it (like in many other series) then the side by side racing would improve in certain situations.

Still love Max though, definitely a level above Leclerc at this moment in time.

Associate
Max with the stewards right now. Managed to get out of the track as most of the Dutch are on the track, robbing the DRS signs etc :D

Permabanned
5 second penalty, 2 points on license

For gaining unfair advantage - he entered the corner on the right hand side, and in the corner somehow he decided that he was alone and got the left hand side on the exit, leaving no space for another car in the process. Clear penalty. Must have been given immediately on the same lap during the race. WTH are they thinking and discussing, and negotiating so much?

Transmission breaker
Don
For gaining unfair advantage - he entered the corner on the right hand side, and in the corner somehow he decided that he was alone and got the left hand side on the exit, leaving on space for another car in the process. Clear penalty. Must have been given immediately on the same lap during the race. WTH are they thinking and discussing, and negotiating so much?

It would be bad, but the longer it goes on, the less likely Verstapped is to keep the win :(

Associate
There was a authentic looking document on twitter saying 5 second, but apparently it’s fake. If the drivers and team have just left, I’m guessing it may be a while yet for a decision. How long does it normally take?

Back
Top Bottom