Poll: Austrian Grand Prix 2019, Spielberg - Race 9/21

Rate the 2019 Austiran Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
Permabanned
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...e-pass-on-leclerc.3lQxAo1jZf7AVzIeNT3fcV.html

2rf972a.png

Caporegime
click on the link and watch the full video.

Perfect view of the lap before the incident where Max was well ahead at the apex BUT still gave Leclerc plenty of room and subsequently lost the run down to the next corner.

Then with the incident on the following lap he was not as far ahead on the apex but let it drift wide (pretty intentionally I think) and push Leclerc off track.

Simple decision penalty every day all day.

Associate
Not surprised.

Leclerc is giving room - Max is opening the steering when a car is alongside and running Charles of the road.

I hate how pundits laud Max for being aggressive, to me, a dirty racer, antics such as moving in the braking zone...

Watching the BTCC coverage and an F4 race earlier, a couple of incidents where racers decided to squeeze opponents off the track (all ended up crashing).

Soldato
I think Max's biggest problem is explaining how he managed to give Charles the correct amount of room on the previous lap, if he could do it once he could do it again. Tbh they both deserve the win.

Soldato
I think if you imagine the track limit as a wall, Leclerc would have had to go hard on the brakes to avoid crashing.

For me that implies either Verstappen should have been allowing more room or Leclerc should have conceded the corner earlier.

I think given Verstappen wasn't clearly well ahead, the onus is on him to complete his move without running the other off the track.

If he'd been half a car length further forward than where he was, then he could make the argument he'd won the position and Leclerc shouldn't have been trying to squeeze round the outside at the same time.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom