Advice on NHS Fraud charge pls

Caporegime
We ask for ID when it comes to controlled drugs and trust me sometimes you get some hostile responses, imagine if we did it for everyone

I've never come across a pharmacy that asked me for ID for schedule IV or III controlled drugs like benzodiazepines, gabapentin/pregabalin or tramadol. So he has a point.

Soldato
I've never come across a pharmacy that asked me for ID for schedule IV or III controlled drugs like benzodiazepines, gabapentin/pregabalin or tramadol. So he has a point.

Probably because the pharmacist or staff know you, but for schedule 3 and 2 items we are supposed to ask for ID if we are unfamiliar with the person collecting.

Commissario
We ask for ID when it comes to controlled drugs and trust me sometimes you get some hostile responses, imagine if we did it for everyone
I remember signing for diamorph? or some similar patch type thing that was stronger than the liquid morphine my mum was on at times.
Mainly because of the surprise factor, I can't remember if they asked for ID, but it's the chemist we'd been going to about 3 times a month for years so they know my ugly mug and that I was a regular for picking prescriptions up (in my mum's case often a carrier bag full as their paper bags were too small).

Given some of the people I've seen go in and get shirty about relatively minor things I can imagine how hostile they could get.

Soldato
OP
To be honest it is veering into another issue now. Asking for ID is totally understandable even if only to record it for any issues down the line .... But people getting aggressive ..... Bottom line people in shops are not paid enough to be expected to take grief. I think any pharmacist or shop owner should be quite entitled to tell anyone getting rude to sling their hook at least for a few hrs whilst they cool down.
I admit this whole debacle got me pretty angry but even so I was never anything other than polite

Soldato
You are probably right. However, it was the NHS Business Authority that fined me and I haven't seen them rushing back to reimburse me (or anyone for that matter).

How exactly do you expect them to know this? The NHS checked your entitlement to the benefits you claimed to be in receipt of with the DWP and were told on the day you received that prescription you were not in receipt of them. If the DWP have subsequently re-evaluated your benefit entitlements, and backdated them to the period of time when you were fined for the prescription, then if you care about getting that money back I would be asking the DWP for a letter confirming the fact and getting in contact with the NHS authority that fined you.

Soldato
@andshre
I didn't expect them to know this. They must be aware of it now because it was a court order forcing the DWP to reimburse the hundreds/thousands of claimants placed on the wrong benefits that led to me being fined.

Back
Top Bottom