This Instant And Moment - 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
OP
I owned an Astra for a while. I'd pick that over the Volvo or the Skoda :p

I can understand personal preference with the Astra vs Skoda, the Octavia wasn't anything to write home about but I bought it to do 70+MPG up and down the motorway, which it did very well!

But the Volvo is in a different league entirely. It was a 5 series / A6 rival. Fully loaded and a damn sight quicker and more reliable than any of them at the time!

I'm looking for a full black leather interior to go in mine though as cream doesn't wear/age very well in any car.

Admittedly my one does have some tuning in its belly, but take it to the Autobahn and it will happily sit at 160MPH with the dual zone climate and heated seats on, blasting out some music from the 15 speaker Harman Kardon sound system, while on the integrated hands-free car-phone to one of your mates. :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I think the new forum software can handle this thread continuing for another month. Happy to be told otherwise by a mod :p

Had my phone assessment for talking therapy just now, went well, lady was very nice to speak to but then I suppose she'd have to be!

Soldato
I think the new forum software can handle this thread continuing for another month. Happy to be told otherwise by a mod :p

Had my phone assessment for talking therapy just now, went well, lady was very nice to speak to but then I suppose she'd have to be!
That's great news, and TBF sometimes you can get gits even working in counselling. Less common than with doctors I guess!

Back to work and definitely still fried from last week. Clearly need to book some leave, as last week I was a moody wreck...

Soldato
Driving to Dortmund on Wednesday in the battered E46 330d - slightly bricking it due to the near-as-damnit 300,000 miles on the clock :D
It's the only car I own with working AC, so much more sensible choices such as the Honda Accord are being left at home in favour of this rot-box that's been to the moon.

At least I'll be cool when it breaks down on the Autobahn :p

Soldato
It's ok thanks lol, hope all is well with you :)

Hmmm trying to decide where to have a mini weekend break with my mum.
Not so bad thanks! And the answer is always Rhyl :p

On a similar vein, I haven't seen you post in yonks! :eek:
I have been hiding! Business sale goes through in 4 weeks, so up to my toots in paperwork and misery. Quick sneak on here now and again, but I shall be free soon :cool:

Caporegime
OP
Felt rubbish this morning so late for work, but better than not going in I guess. :o

Suspension knocking on the Volvo again, that will be the drop link nut that I didn't do up properly then... :p
Quick and easy but in this heat I really can't be arsed to jack it up and get the wheel off.

Caporegime
Felt rubbish this morning so late for work, but better than not going in I guess. :o

Suspension knocking on the Volvo again, that will be the drop link nut that I didn't do up properly then... :p
Quick and easy but in this heat I really can't be arsed to jack it up and get the wheel off.

Have you had your car's bushes changed and alignment checked?

I am thinking getting my Suspension refreshed the year after next, I know it's not done 100k but it'll be 10 years old by then.

Caporegime
OP
Have you had your car's bushes changed and alignment checked?

I am thinking getting my Suspension refreshed the year after next, I know it's not done 100k but it'll be 10 years old by then.

I've changed the shocks and springs, and the first clonk I heard was because I hadn't done the drop link up tight enough on the nearside front. This time its the offside front. Bushes etc look fine to me but I havent had them "checked" per se.

I haven't had the tracking done yet, I'm waiting until I have sorted the rear ride height out before I take it in - I don't think the rear spring pads are settled in their recess properly because the rear sits a bit higher than I expected. So I want to have a play around with that first. If I can't get them to sit properly I might just take them out and wrap the top coil in rubber instead. :p

Soldato
First day back from holiday, everything is under control by others and I've got a fairly clean schedule all week. Time to deal with some housekeeping!

Excellent. We’re here now and I recall you stayed pretty near to where I am (Kalami Bay)

Absolutely roasting all day every day!

On an amusing/painful note.

Yesterday our hire car blew a tyre and it only had a can of tyre weld which is no good for a blown tyre.

Had my mother in law, wife and daughter in the car so ran about 3km back to our villa to get my phone to ring them a taxi.

Not too bad except it was 4pm in peak sun and I was in flip flops. Tried to run barefoot but once I ran out of shade the tarmac was far too hot on my feet.

Soldato
Excellent. We’re here now and I recall you stayed pretty near to where I am (Kalami Bay)

Absolutely roasting all day every day!

On an amusing/painful note.

Yesterday our hire car blew a tyre and it only had a can of tyre weld which is no good for a blown tyre.

Had my mother in law, wife and daughter in the car so ran about 3km back to our villa to get my phone to ring them a taxi.

Not too bad except it was 4pm in peak sun and I was in flip flops. Tried to run barefoot but once I ran out of shade the tarmac was far too hot on my feet.
I really miss the weather :( It's freezing over here in comparison.

The tarmac is exceptionally warm! We hired quads, such awesome fun and the roads around there are an absolute hoot to drive!

If you haven't been before, just a word of warning the surface on the runway is diabolical so if anyone with you doesn't like flying, get them ****** before take off :)

Caporegime
OP
Its too hot here let alone there. Bunch of weirdos. I can't stand this heat. :p

12 - 14 degrees is where its at. Slightly patchy blue skies and a cool breeze. Perfect weather!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom