What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Messed me up last night watching an episode of New Girl, falling asleep for a few minutes then seeing various members of the Brooklyn 99 cast when I woke up. Didn't know they'd done a crossover.

Zooey Deschanel also appeared on B99, didn't she? Driving Schmidt's mum's car?

Soldato
Following on from earlier posts, finished watching The Expanse a couple of nights ago - overall 9.5/10.

Very little to find fault with, maybe the pacing was a bit off in some places particularly established characters suddenly relegated to minor or no appearance (Fred Johnson) but with new characters (Anna) suddenly centre stage. Last three episodes, Holden seemed to spend most of the time in a trance! (Possibly due to Steven Strait also acting as producer?). Maybe this is how the books are or maybe they were just rushing to get as much of the story told in case the show didn't get renewed. However top notch sci-fi, SFX and plot/arc driven story. Assuming Amazon don't renege on S4, really looking forward to seeing where they go next.

Soldato
Following on from earlier posts, finished watching The Expanse a couple of nights ago - overall 9.5/10.

Very little to find fault with, maybe the pacing was a bit off in some places particularly established characters suddenly relegated to minor or no appearance (Fred Johnson) but with new characters (Anna) suddenly centre stage. Last three episodes, Holden seemed to spend most of the time in a trance! (Possibly due to Steven Strait also acting as producer?). Maybe this is how the books are or maybe they were just rushing to get as much of the story told in case the show didn't get renewed. However top notch sci-fi, SFX and plot/arc driven story. Assuming Amazon don't renege on S4, really looking forward to seeing where they go next.

Season 3 is a bit of a rush as they adapted two books into a single season. Whereas seasons 1 and 2 are a single book.

I eagerly await S4 as the book was one of my favourites of the series.

Soldato
Finished Haunting of Hill House the other night and will echo what was said by the poster who convinced me to watch it. It's simply one of the best, strongest, most consistent and heartfelt pieces of horror i've seen for decades, odd movie highlights aside here and there.

The ending absolutely shocked me but not in the ways that you might expect. I'd simple say just watch it, even if you're not an out and out horror fan, it's so much more. It's a family struggle, it's part love story, it's a mystery...but ultimately, it's just damn good horror.

I'd give it 10/10 but there were some moments of CGI that while necessary, weren't up to the standard i'd have liked. As such it's a 9/10.

Oh and Theo :D Lovely Theo :)

Soldato
Finished Haunting of Hill House the other night and will echo what was said by the poster who convinced me to watch it. It's simply one of the best, strongest, most consistent and heartfelt pieces of horror i've seen for decades, odd movie highlights aside here and there.

The ending absolutely shocked me but not in the ways that you might expect. I'd simple say just watch it, even if you're not an out and out horror fan, it's so much more. It's a family struggle, it's part love story, it's a mystery...but ultimately, it's just damn good horror.

I'd give it 10/10 but there were some moments of CGI that while necessary, weren't up to the standard i'd have liked. As such it's a 9/10.

Oh and Theo :D Lovely Theo :)
You've convinced me to try and watch it, but more importantly where the heck is the season 4 of the Expanse, I've been checking doors and corners, nothing there....

Back
Top Bottom