Aorus/Gigabyte X570 - Buildzoid Ripple tests with AORUS & ASUS

Man of Honour
Will it be good enough for gaming with 3600x/3700x ? Pretty much a noob on boards so dunno what i should be looking for if its around £200 then it will be on my list. I need a itx so im pretty limited
It'll be good enough for a 3900x. Lol.

Even current trash boards are good enough for a 3600x/3700x.

Man of Honour
They need to give me 20 quid back for the fan that's going straight in the bin.....still holding out for a 199.99 price :)
Yeah me too. Hope it's closer to £200....but I won't hold my breath...
But I won't be paying over the odds for it, that's for sure.

Soldato
OP
Will this be a decent board to get ? Any rumours on price ?

max should be £226 - lets hope bulk orders and ££ strength wasn't to bad . I know people are mentioning and it is True that PCIe 4.0 is expensive - they also fail or forget the pound is at an all time low to $$$ and ALL hardware bought in as at Dollar prices . Great for export, poor for import

And thats why its hard to nail a price down for UK . ITX board shouldn't be more then above , unless resellers inflate it ....

Will it be good enough for gaming with 3600x/3700x ? Pretty much a noob on boards so dunno what i should be looking for if its around £200 then it will be on my list. I need a itx so im pretty limited

Aorus 7 x470 is Full ATX and matches Entry and mid tier X570 boards whilst being £40+ cheaper and wifi.

B450 MSI AC set to do well - does have 8+4 pin which is handy for 12+ cores but VRM and PCB arent anywhere near x570, as well as OCUK staff mentioning TDP Eff isn't as good . Price wish, it'll fly off the shelf with ryzen 3600 . Hopefully some testing comes out to see how it does with 3600/3733hz ram also that take the price higher then a budget build , unless users are able to manually overclock a good 3200hz ram kit for £40 cheaper

Associate
i'll think you'll look at the pricing - next to the incoming Super cards pricing - and then being in a reference blower and think... NAH

wondering if higher costs of Navi are due to PCIe 4.0, same as X570 boards. No one put two and two together till it was known path ways for PCIe 4.0 is an expensive business...

2060 super for cheaper then 2070 and matching its performance - think you'll be swayed . also non reference navi cards are a while off i believe - though not sure @GIGA-Man can hint at that ?

No info yet.

Soldato
>*Headphones* - Excellent summation<
Thanks for the informed and detailed response, @EsaT - can't say I expected anything less. Very interested in the the AKG K702 from reviews - open design and especially as not bass heavy.

I have follow up questions but will take them to the Sound forum as i'll derail the thread - I need some more 'unvarnished' responses to my lazy questions. I'll quote your post at the start of the thread and resume my follow up questions there - although i noticed you helped a guy out recently (who doesn't seem to realise it from his replies) - so have gained a lot of useful info from that.

If you're feeling lucky about Sennheiser's fancy and mechanically unwise headband design, then HD559 would be little cheaper and is likely quite good.
(had HD595 start rotting after 2½ years, though that used silvery bling bling plastics instead of normal black plastics)
Yep, i own a few pairs of quality Sennheiser's - I replace ear covers and headbands - i won't re-appropriate for gaming as they're my music headsets (I'm not an audiophile - but prefer the sound of open design.) - but may give a cheaper set to my son and bin his gaming headset from your reply.

Soldato
OP
So the X570 I is rumored to be £220 is the upgrade over the B450 I worth the extra £100 ?

Your going from 4x 50amps to 6x 70amps . MOSFETs are top of the line and run cooler as well .
If your looking to slap a 16 core in , job done . Your current one would be fine with 3800x or 3900x with good top down cooler
Then you've got AX WiFi Vs AC , back plate , bios flashing .
The ITX actually works out the better costing board of the lot lol

Associate
Your going from 4x 50amps to 6x 70amps . MOSFETs are top of the line and run cooler as well .
If your looking to slap a 16 core in , job done . Your current one would be fine with 3800x or 3900x with good top down cooler
Then you've got AX WiFi Vs AC , back plate , bios flashing .
The ITX actually works out the better costing board of the lot lol

Thanx for your reply, i currently dont have any board as im intel but im planning on getting a 3600x or a 3700x depending on reviews and im looking at boards the cheapest itx board is rumoured to be £220. Im just struggling to find out what the difference is and is it worth waiting for the 570 or get a b450. Im not upgrading my gpu for a few years so i dont need pci 4 i dont have wifi 6 router so indunno how much that will benefit me and i have no clue on what memory i would needs as im not clued up like most in here and havnt built a pc since 2014

Soldato
Thanx for your reply, i currently dont have any board as im intel but im planning on getting a 3600x or a 3700x depending on reviews and im looking at boards the cheapest itx board is rumoured to be £220. Im just struggling to find out what the difference is and is it worth waiting for the 570 or get a b450. Im not upgrading my gpu for a few years so i dont need pci 4 i dont have wifi 6 router so indunno how much that will benefit me and i have no clue on what memory i would needs as im not clued up like most in here and havnt built a pc since 2014

In answer to your earlier question and given this response then i'd say definitely not, save yourself £100. Memory? you can get a good 3000mhz 16gb kit for well under £100, it will go very well with a B450 board and a 3600-3700X, maybe even a 3200mhz kit, certainly no need to go any furtehr than that.

Here's a highly reccomended (everywhere) B450 mobo.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...ocket-am4-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-33s-ms.html -

Here's something I found elsewher eon the forum that might help you.

https://i.redd.it/jns90zhx3o731.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
In answer to your earlier question and given this response then i'd say definitely not, save yourself £100. Memory? you can get a good 3000mhz 16gb kit for well under £100, it will go very well with a B450 board and a 3600-3700X, maybe even a 3200mhz kit, certainly no need to go any furtehr than that.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...ocket-am4-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-33s-ms.html -

Aorus and MSI h itx boards far better VRM at same costs then the AC.
Better PCB and Dimm design as well , hopefully 3600hz would be fine.
X570 itx designed to handle 16 cores

And then you see how the new PBO works , video on the Zen2 thread. More power... More it'll push it's self with good cooling

Last edited:
Associate

Aorus and MSI h itx boards far better VRM at same costs then the AC.
Better PCB and Dimm design as well , hopefully 3600hz would be fine.
X570 itx designed to handle 16 cores

And then you see how the new PBO works , video on the Zen2 thread. More power... More it'll push it's self with good cooling

Conflicting still no better off haha il just wait for the release and price of the x570 itx boards and see what i think. It has to be itx as im not replacing my case so my options are limited. If i can get a MSI B450I at £120 and these x570s are inflated to £250 -£350 ( Ive heard the Asus Rog strix x570 itx will be around £430) then i might just buy the cheaper board and save £120 and wait for the x570s to drop in price or get a x670 in a years time which shouldnt be inflated as i doubt there will be ryzen 4000 series next year unless im wrong

Soldato
Conflicting still no better off haha il just wait for the release and price of the x570 itx boards and see what i think. It has to be itx as im not replacing my case so my options are limited. If i can get a MSI B450I at £120 and these x570s are inflated to £250 -£350 ( Ive heard the Asus Rog strix x570 itx will be around £430) then i might just buy the cheaper board and save £120 and wait for the x570s to drop in price or get a x670 in a years time which shouldnt be inflated as i doubt there will be ryzen 4000 series next year unless im wrong

Just don't spend more than you you need to on over-priced 570 boards at launch. It's price gouging and panic season here, not a great time to buy anything.

Back
Top Bottom