• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Sod it, bought the X470 Taichi Ultimate. I'm sure 10 GbE will be far more useful to me than PCIe 4.0 over the next ~5 years, and everything points to older chipsets not hindering CPU or RAM overclocking at all compared to X570. I believe AMD officially said something vague about performance not being affected at least, plus X570 isn't designed to replace X470, it's more of a new tier being added on top.

It's a great board for ~£230, it will be hard to beat with an X570 in price to features/performance.

Soldato
I was considering the X570 Hero or Strix, but decided to get a X470 Hero and be done with it. Its cheaper, and does the job since I honestly wont benefit from PCIE 4.0.

x470 Crosshair, X470 Aorus 7 and X470 Taichi are going to fly off the shelves .

Pricing of X570 boards at release and weak Pound £ will make sure of it . they all come in Midrange in X570 line up in terms of Power/VRM and build quality. I know the Aours 7 has 8 layer PCB and think the Hero does which their X570 counter parts don't - so great for ram .

AMD are VERY strict with X570 pricing , so why leaks haven't been smooth sailing ....

you'll be happy with it, just get some good ram! ryzen ram calculator should be updated with zen2 as well :D

Soldato
crosshair 7 x470 and save yourself a tidy some. Hero your looking at £350-420 . meant to be competing against x570 Master and that will top at £390

Ouch £390 is going to be too much for me to justify. £300 tops and that looks like third tier now. It's either buy something else or just wait until the price drops which could be end of the year.

Associate
x470 Crosshair, X470 Aorus 7 and X470 Taichi are going to fly off the shelves .

Pricing of X570 boards at release and weak Pound £ will make sure of it . they all come in Midrange in X570 line up in terms of Power/VRM and build quality. I know the Aours 7 has 8 layer PCB and think the Hero does which their X570 counter parts don't - so great for ram .

AMD are VERY strict with X570 pricing , so why leaks haven't been smooth sailing ....

you'll be happy with it, just get some good ram! ryzen ram calculator should be updated with zen2 as well :D
Yes I figured they will be out of stock soon considering the price of high end X570 boards, which is why I bought it last week :) I got an 8 Pack 3600MhzC16 kit that I plan to use with Zen2, should be alright since its B Die.

Soldato
Looking forward to seeing proper benchmarks of a 3950X Vs 9700K and 9900K.

Will be great if AMD can pull punches with Intel again.

Still using a 6700K here, itching to upgrade but the jump to 9700K is minimal in the games that I play.

I'm in the exact same boat. I'd love to upgrade my 6700k. I don't really do any workloads, so what I'd like to see is IPC improvements. I know AMD typically hasn't been able to match Intel's IPC, but it's quite a leap frog this time... fingers crossed.

I have 32GB 3000Mhz, I'm hoping I can overclock it a bit, but I may have to bite the bullet and get some faster RAM if I upgrade.

Associate
I also hope performance won't be affected too much when used on previous gen. motherboards (X370, X470) but there is that sentence in 8pack's answer that tells me to wait for reviews:

//it's B450 not X470 but still, I'd rather wait.

Sod it, bought the X470 Taichi Ultimate. I'm sure 10 GbE will be far more useful to me than PCIe 4.0 over the next ~5 years, and everything points to older chipsets not hindering CPU or RAM overclocking at all compared to X570. I believe AMD officially said something vague about performance not being affected at least, plus X570 isn't designed to replace X470, it's more of a new tier being added on top.

I tested a couple of b450 boards for systems and these where fine with the 6 core with 3200mhz c14. Also fine with new apu. But in both instances efficiency was short by a fair bit clock for clock vs x570.

RAM wise 3600c16 kit of 8Pack stuff running c14 makes absolute sense 1:1 with IF. I tried this in every x570 board we have for test and working fine...

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Make your own reviews.... I don't get this review culture..... All reviews are inherently biased....and not in your system for your uses....

Most of us don’t get paid to test these, they’re for use in our spare time and at our own expense.

I’ll be using reviews before I make a new Ryzen purchase, as I suspect most others will too.

Once the NDA is up I’m sure we’ll all be asking you questions that hopefully you can finally answer. :p

Soldato
I don't get this review culture
really? you don't get that people want to see reviews of the products they may buy before actually ponying up their hard earned? i'd always assumed you'd worked in this industry for quite some time given the breadth of knowledge and experience you seem to have but that statement seems to suggest different.

Last edited:
Associate
Make your own reviews.... I don't get this review culture..... All reviews are inherently biased....and not in your system for your uses....

The vast majority don't have the funds/connections to try out multiple boards in advance of a purchase (especially a potential £1000+ purchase of new cpu, motherboard and ram) hence the reason to read reviews from trusted sources.

Whilst I agree that most reviews have some form of bias (be it intentional or not) they still provide more information to make a better informed decision.

Simply saying "make your own reviews" doesn't help the average consumer in the slightest and could be regarded as bias itself.

Associate

I'm sure you guys would love it if everybody took full advantage of the 14-day returns policy multiple times, just to make sure the purchase they are making is the one they want.

That's without all of the expenses on shipping those returns back to you.

Permabanned
Please can you provide me a Ryzen 3800x, Ryzen 3900x, Ryzen 3600x , Ryzen 3700x, Ryzen 3600 plus all the x570 motherboards to be released so that i can test them all and make an informed decision of what i should purchase.

Back
Top Bottom