New Toyota Supra formally announced

Associate
I did see a Z4 m40i in that blue the other day and the same one at the BMW forecourt and I have to say you can see the resemblance in exterior appearance to the new Supra in person.
So ultimately, if you want convertible supra buy the Z4 and if you want coupe then go Toyota Supra.

Associate
Personally, as an admirer of the old supra, and an owner of an E89 Z4, I quite like the new Supra. I think styling wise it has kept in line with the old one, whilst gaining a more modern and sleek appearance.

The new Z4, I like the rear, but not the front. Overall I prefer the design of the E89.

On the fact that the new Supra has a BMW interior, engine, etc that is only a good thing, in terms of quality.

Soldato
But will it do 800 like the 2JZ? :D

Welp...this just appeared on my Youtube recommended today. They seem to be asking this exact question and aiming for a 1000HP build.
One thing I've noticed is that you ever need your timing chain replaced on this engine, you're in for a bad time.

EDIT: I'm not a subscriber to this channel, but I like watching technical stuff like this. I thought I'd check out the rest of their channel and low and behold, they also have a video with a 2JZ teardown...so, a good comparison if you're interested :)

Back
Top Bottom