Plugging PC into a tv and Hi-Fi stops ARC audio

Associate
hi all,

I’ve tried plugging my pc into my lounge tv for the first time (LG OLED C8) using a display port to hdmi cable (which I use fine in my office on my monitor) and as soon as I do that the ARC stops working for all inputs and audio only works via internal tv speakers.

I’ve also tried various hdmi inputs on my amp (Pioneer VSX924) instead of direct to my tv and that also instantly kills all ARC.

I don’t understand why this would happen, hoping someone can explain.

Ive ordered a new DP to HDMI and HDMI to female DP converter but this means my idea of beat saber tomorrow with family visiting isn’t going to work .

*cant use normal hdmi cable as that GPU output is in use by my rift.

Thanks
Dan

Associate
OP
Neither will arc:p. On my TV (a Samsung) you can choose from a list of speaker options, maybe see if you can do that (want sure if you'd tried that or just hdmi inputs).

It does on my TV? Yeah i have the sound setting set to ARC and no sound is outputted, as soon as i disconnect the HDMI cable (no setting change) the sound comes back.

Soldato
It does on my TV? Yeah i have the sound setting set to ARC and no sound is outputted, as soon as i disconnect the HDMI cable (no setting change) the sound comes back.
What i mean is, ARC doesn't have the bandwidth for lossless i.e. from tv to amp. What other options come up on the sound list? And if all else fails, you could try turning it all off at the mains to see if its some sort of weird handshake issue.

Associate
I use a DP to HDMI cable from my laptop to Receiver (Denon), which is connected to an LG C8 via ARC. The only thing I use ARC for is the tv apps like Netflix, Youtube etc but I've not had any issues with this stopping working. Although to be fair I use the front HDMI input on the amp and tend to unplug it when I'm done. I'll have a go with it later and see if I can replicate your problem, albeit with a different receiver.

Associate
OP
I use a DP to HDMI cable from my laptop to Receiver (Denon), which is connected to an LG C8 via ARC. The only thing I use ARC for is the tv apps like Netflix, Youtube etc but I've not had any issues with this stopping working. Although to be fair I use the front HDMI input on the amp and tend to unplug it when I'm done. I'll have a go with it later and see if I can replicate your problem, albeit with a different receiver.
thank you it is very much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom