What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
Off on a 1,300 mile jaunt to Germany in a rusty E46 330d with knocking on for 300,000 miles in a couple of days - wish me luck! :p
In my defense, it's the only car I have with working A/C and it's gonna be scorchio over there.

Just checking over the usual stuff today, throwing some spares in the boot and crossing every finger and toe I have.

I don't imagine you'll have any issues, 300,000 miles is fine on a car which has been looked after!

Fair few people on the Volvo page with 500,000 miles on the D5 S60/V70's!

Saw an E30 325i like mine on eBay a few weeks ago with 340,000 on the clock. Funnily enough its about "average mileage" per year for a car made in 1988!

Soldato
Caporegime
Men trying to compensate for something and can't bare to "lose". They think it's a race when it is just traffic.

Similar thing (but worse) happened the other day, there was a Mini Cooper S Clubman thing going about 40 in a 60 along a stretch of road, approaching a corner but plenty of room to overtake beforehand, one car (an Audi) between me and the mini. The car in front of me went to overtake, and the Mini driver floored it resulting in the two cars being side by side at the corner (they must have both been going 80+ by the time the Audi could pull in) and there was an oncoming car. So ******* dangerous!

I must admit that I did lean on the horn sitting behind the Mini driver for a good 10 seconds solid until they pulled into a side road. I was just so angry that someone could put someones life in danger over their own stupid pettiness. It -really- rubbed me up the wrong way witnessing that. :mad:

Caporegime
Similar thing (but worse) happened the other day, there was a Mini Cooper S Clubman thing going about 40 in a 60 along a stretch of road, approaching a corner but plenty of room to overtake beforehand, one car (an Audi) between me and the mini. The car in front of me went to overtake, and the Mini driver floored it resulting in the two cars being side by side at the corner (they must have both been going 80+ by the time the Audi could pull in) and there was an oncoming car. So ******* dangerous!

I must admit that I did lean on the horn sitting behind the Mini driver for a good 10 seconds solid until they pulled into a side road. I was just so angry that someone could put someones life in danger over their own stupid pettiness. It -really- rubbed me up the wrong way witnessing that. :mad:

I have been driving extra careful since fitting my dash cam, if I’m ever in an accident I want to know I’m not to blame.

Caporegime
I have been driving extra careful since fitting my dash cam, if I’m ever in an accident I want to know I’m not to blame.

I was just incredulous that someone would do that when someone is overtaking them, approaching a bend?! They could easily have caused a fatal head on collission. Its rare that I get angry about someones behaviour on the road (I mean, actually angry, not just "what a tit..." angry) but that got me. I'm actually still angry just thinking about it... God. :p

Soldato
Their pride was on the line along with their life.

For some good news, just got a text from dealer that the car is ready to be picked up after being with them for the last 8 days from an engine misfire issue.

Caporegime
The other car is also to blame tbh. As soon as it was apparent that the car was accelerating they should have pulled back

The Audi was fairly rapid, I guess in that split second they decided to stand on it instead of pulling back in, but yeah they could have just abandoned the overtake.

I find it strange that I've never experienced this happen before, and then two similar incidents happen within a few days of each other!

Caporegime
The Audi was fairly rapid, I guess in that split second they decided to stand on it instead of pulling back in, but yeah they could have just abandoned the overtake.

I find it strange that I've never experienced this happen before, and then two similar incidents happen within a few days of each other!

I see it all the time. It caused the one and only time I was involved in a police chase!

Back
Top Bottom