Poll: Austrian Grand Prix 2019, Spielberg - Race 9/21

Rate the 2019 Austiran Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
Soldato
Charles went for the outside because the lap before he did the same and max played fair.

The next lap he went wide so he could straighten out the corner and get on the gas.
Max never played fair and intentionally drove Charles to the out side.

A 5 second penalty all day long for me.

Permabanned
The best evidence is the lap times, compare the lap times before the incident, during the incident and after the incident.
You will see that Charles lost a lot of time during the phase when he was hit and forced off the track.

For something similar, Hamilton was handed the penalty for blocking Kimi's flying lap earlier in the weekend.

Soldato
If it was Hamilton in Charles' place, the penalty would be handed without thinking.

Also, verstappen was looking actively for a contact, he didn't do anything to avoid being too close to the other car.

Penalty but not given based on discriminatory reasons - max is allowed to kill a Ferrari driver.

Holy Hyperbole, Batman!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Initially, I thought it wasn’t a penalty as I felt Max forced Leclerc wide as we’ve seen many times.

Had he “ran him out of road” I would probably not be bothered one way or another if he had a penalty or not. Both drivers have the ability to brake etc

However, having watching him barge Leclerc wide and make contact... that makes it a penalty for me. The rule about leaving a car’s width must have gotten forgotten about :p

Transmission breaker
Don
Let me just leave these here:

Charles Leclerc on Hulk doing something quite similar :)
https://youtu.be/CueULh46FDg?t=85

Vettel on Hamilton in Austria (Lewis knowing he lost the corner, and cut back)
https://youtu.be/CueULh46FDg?t=165

Charles will learn, he is very good, he forced the contact, and fancied his luck with the stewards. He will know better for next time!

Last edited:
Soldato
He didn't get off the gas nowhere near enough though, he should have braked sooner, slowed right down and then accelerated back up the inside of Max.

Charles did exactly the same thing as he did the lap before. And all was ok.
Except on this lap max forced him over to the left. The videos don't lie.

Or can you tell me why Max turned the corner ok for all the race and the lap before.
But for some reason he went wide. Now was it max that never braked early enough so he went wide?

Permabanned

Or can you tell me why Max turned the corner ok for all the race and the lap before.
But for some reason he went wide. Now was it max that never braked early enough so he went wide?

The root of the wrong stewards' decision must not be sought in the particular situation but rather in how FIA views the Ferrari team and car globally. Do they think something in the car is illegal and they will rule all future decisions against Ferrari, are they happy with the relationship with Ferrari? And so on...

F1 must change. It is supposed to be the sport for the ultimate and extreme technology, instead we get nothing but politics (decision making), economics (cost limitations) and only showcase (DRS which promotes artificial overtaking because some fans demand it so), and management of engines, tyres, all systems in the cars, even the team order...

Now you're contradicting yourself, I thought Mercedes only get positive decisions?

Hamilton getting a penalty is a positive decision because it protects the law and the justice in this particular case. And his maneuver was dangerous and could have caused a much more serious incident to Kimi's car.

Transmission breaker
Don
The root of the wrong stewards' decision must not be sought in the particular situation but rather in how FIA views the Ferrari team and car globally. Do they think something in the car is illegal and they will rule all future decisions against Ferrari, are they happy with the relationship with Ferrari? And so on...

F1 must change. It is supposed to be the sport for the ultimate and extreme technology, instead we get nothing but politics (decision making), economics (cost limitations) and only showcase (DRS which promotes artificial overtaking because some fans demand it so), and management of engines, tyres, all systems in the cars, even the team order....

Come off it.. You must know how ridiculous this sounds. If they thought the car was illegal, it would just take one team to log a protest, and it would be investigated.

Relationship with Ferrari? You mean, the MASSIVE overpayments they get from the sport for being there since day1, regardless of performance?

Ferrari have no one to blame but themselves. If they cannot make it work with the huge money they get for JUST BEING THERE, then they are the problem.

RE: Politics, have you watched F1 for very long? Its part and parcel of the sport and has been for YEARS. If anything, in the recent era, they are a lot more open about the processes, and goings on behind the scenes than they have ever been.

You really do live in some sort of quasi-reality based on your posting on this subject.. I want Ferrari to up front as much as anyone else. They finally let in a young talent, have restructured the team again, and perhaps they might finally be close togetting back to where they should be. Now is a time to rejoice. We watched an exciting last few laps battle between Ferrari and Red Bull. That is progress by anyone's barometer!

Soldato
If you have nothing worthwhile to add dont bother, repsonding with comments such as these are infantile an not

That one word was all that was needed in that case. It was not infantile except to you. Some posts can be replied to with just one word where appropriate. That post was just such a case buddy.

Last edited:
Soldato

Look at the replay, Leclerc was clearly still ahead when he tried to turn in, to do the 'undercut' you have to be behind, and turn in behind the other car, not in front of it...

Soldato
Look at the replay, Leclerc was clearly still ahead when he tried to turn in, to do the 'undercut' you have to be behind, and turn in behind the other car, not in front of it...

WHAT!

“In the first overtaking attempt, he left a lot of room on the outside and Leclerc was able to counter. He knew he had to push him out. He turned in very late. He was far away from his usual driving line, because normally he hit the apex exactly.”

“There he was far away from his usual line and as a result I unfortunately think he should have got a penalty."

https://thejudge13.com/2019/07/02/rosberg-stewards-got-this-wrong/

Max forced the other driver off the track by going wide and hitting them.
Where was a cars width as it says in the rules?

Back
Top Bottom