Bluetooth/wireless headphones for watching TV only

Soldato
I suppose it depends what the person in question would be looking for; full size headphones or IEM/earphones.

Sennheiser RS range is worth considering if the person in question would rather full size headphones.

Associate
OP
Thanks chaps ...my friend as been looking at the Sony wh 1000mx 3. If I'm honest he's got the cash so for this price range are they worth the money...lots of reviews say so....Also just a quick one...would he need a blue tooth adaptor for his TV to get these to work..?

Soldato
Depends on what TV he has. I would imagine there are more TVs these days that have Bluetooth built in, but it's something only found on selected models I would imagine.

If he has a TV without Bluetooth built in, then he can connect a Bluetooth transmitter to the 3.5mm output, assuming it has that; otherwise, he would probably need to connect a DAC to the optical out, then a transmitter to that.

Soldato
Sony CH700Ns are all round decent bluetooth headphones for around £100 with an amazing soundstage for a bluetooth set of cans (nearly all other bluetooth headphones prioritise crappy features like ANC, noise isolation) whilst these don't.

Superior choice would probably be a proper bluetooth transmitter with a higher end wired pair of headphones but for convienance and price the CH700Ns are hard to beat apart from their crap build quality and the bass leakage if you wear glasses.

Back
Top Bottom