The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Soldato
It's not working for me now. I knew it was wrong withy the electric cars that they just turned up in them. Nothing about how they made the cars or what was driving the twp that where made for them. Clarkson and Co would have had the hoods up taking the mick for the botch jobs they made. Also the constant picking on the small guy is pretty terrible. Especially that cringe worthy moment paddy and flint off giggled at each other in the studio link.

Soldato
Really enjoyed the first 2 episodes, almost making me eat my own words. I moaned so much about Freddie and Paddy's appointments before the series, however the first 2 episodes were fresh and funny. As someone said at work "Peter Kay with cars"

However episode 3 was really tough going, if you didn't find the gag (the Jag) funny then it was a long episode.

Episode 3 felt like it was straight out of 2008 top gear, that's a compliment and an insult...

Also, how many times. DROP the celeb section. Do they not have focus groups!

Permabanned
Flintoff needs to go, I know it's mostly scripted but in three episodes Chris has been head butted, man handled and forced into a hearse, and lets not forget the watermelon.

Chris is good sport but he can't be enjoying this.

Soldato
Chris is wasted on this show. Watching Flintoff act a total idiot to him is not funny.

I really enjoy watching Chris Harris he's informative and you can tell he's passionate about what he does. He just seems like a prop for the lolz.

As with the content so far it's mundane. Can't say I've enjoyed watching it as much as I thought I would.

Soldato
Well excuse me for not knowing or caring who they are :rolleyes:

You're not alone. Didn't know them. Couldn't actually be bothered to look them up, just skipped through it.

ok I take it back- the car loading bit was verging on bullying.. I did lol at the watermelon though:o

Tbh, I didn't think of bullying at the time, just guys messing around. Now you mention it, if anything I would have said the watermelon was the closest, especially as Harris said he actually cut his head with it somehow.

Soldato
Dunno if Harris is up for it and believes he gives back just as much as he fires some insults back in the studio, but it all just feels and looks like bullying.

Which is the issue, it's cringeworthy to watch, doesn't matter if they are all in on it and it's a laugh.. it's already not as funny to watch.

Then you add the celeb **** back in and take away most of the meaningful car content.

Not sure it's what Harris signed up for, but I bet the money is decent.

It's a good job that big baffon stopped drinking, can't imagine what he's like after a session.

Soldato
You're not alone. Didn't know them. Couldn't actually be bothered to look them up, just skipped through it.

Tbh, I didn't think of bullying at the time, just guys messing around. Now you mention it, if anything I would have said the watermelon was the closest, especially as Harris said he actually cut his head with it somehow.
I actually thought they'd just picked up a couple of randomers off the street:D.

Caporegime
That watermelon headshot though :D

In any workplace despite what does go on horseplay is not tolerated. Especially when someone is injured no matter how minor. You would think the BBC would be a bit more strict in that regard or at least edit it out. Banter is banter but Chris did look really uncomfortable in that situation.

Soldato
I found all 3 quite good and was entertained. The way the show is, it's always going to have a bit of cringe regardless of the presenters. Not to be taken too seriously. The chemistry is actually the most natural it's been for a while, despite being more childish. I like the banter. There's only so much life left in top gear and the grand tour (or what they end up doing with the grand tour I mean). They've kind of ran their course.

Commissario
In any workplace despite what does go on horseplay is not tolerated. Especially when someone is injured no matter how minor. You would think the BBC would be a bit more strict in that regard or at least edit it out. Banter is banter but Chris did look really uncomfortable in that situation.
I'd be very surprised if that scene wasn't scripted and he didn't know it was coming.

Soldato
It's as funny as when the school bully was picking on the small kid at school, you laughed but was glad it wasn't you but also knew it was wrong.

Back
Top Bottom