Ebay - Moron - Success Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You must have given him your bank details for the transfer and so inturn agreed to go through with the sale at some point. Ship it with bubble wrap, pay attention to the corners of the sub ( some cardboard on the edges etc ) and ship it. Sure it'll be fine.

Soldato
why the actual **** are you wasting time communicating with him and why are you wasting more time fannying around posting about it on the interent. refund the man his money and forget about it. unless your sole intention is to be a dick about it the only normal repsonse is to refund him. fine, send him the speakers and let them get smashed up, then he lodges a complaint with ebay, they refund him and you have to spend more of your time fannying around with parcelforce or whoever trying to claim the money back. you have either far too much time on your hands or your sole intention is to try and screw the guy over.

Caporegime
OP
why the actual **** are you wasting time communicating with him and why are you wasting more time fannying around posting about it on the interent. refund the man his money and forget about it. unless your sole intention is to be a dick about it the only normal repsonse is to refund him. fine, send him the speakers and let them get smashed up, then he lodges a complaint with ebay, they refund him and you have to spend more of your time fannying around with parcelforce or whoever trying to claim the money back. you have either far too much time on your hands or your sole intention is to try and screw the guy over.

he paid by bank transfer - no come back on me

Associate
Either package them up suitably and post. If you don't think you can do that just refund the £70.

If you package them poorly - whether thats what the chap asked for or not, if they arrive damaged it'll be you having to argue with parcelforce or whoever for the damage etc.

Soldato
Also please explain how do you package something like this properly? I need the original box plus polystyrene inserts. Which i don't have.

Its not hard. Bubble wrap, foam sheets heavy duty tape, protect the woofer. But you haven't charged him enough to buy proper packaging so you will ship it poorly and if it gets damaged he 'deserves it'.

Caporegime
OP
You must have given him your bank details for the transfer and so inturn agreed to go through with the sale at some point. Ship it with bubble wrap, pay attention to the corners of the sub ( some cardboard on the edges etc ) and ship it. Sure it'll be fine.

He told me he was going to come and collect it. Then apparently got into a car crash after he set out. So now he can't come. Tbh I don't believe this I believe he realised how stupid he is by thinking a 334 1 way trip to 670 mils all around wasn't such a great idea.

He then phoned me 3 times saying he really wanted it and he would pay for postage now. I told him no. Then I said on his head be it after he told me a box from the supermarket would be fine.

He was also racist on the phone. I never referred to his accent or ethnicity or origin yet he asked me if I was Bangladeshi. Yet I have an extremely thick Glaswegian accent. Born and raised here. No idea why he thought I was muslim or from there.

V F

V F

Soldato
No he told me how he wants them packaged.

He told me he wants them in a box from the supermarket.

Also please explain how do you package something like this properly? I need the original box plus polystyrene inserts. Which i don't have. And I've told him they won't last the journey but he insists on me posting them.

Which again is why i was adamant on collection only. And sold as such. I had at least 5 other people message me asking if I would post and I told them all no. But this guy didn't bother to ask and just bidded anyway.

It's only £10 quid to post with parcelforce. So I'm down to £60. I'll use some tape - £1 and print out a label - 20p. So still roughly £60 minus fuel costs to drop it off.

You don't have any old cardboard in storage? I always have cardboard boxes in storage somewhere, bubble wrap and polystyrene from past delivered items.

Caporegime
OP
Its not hard. Bubble wrap, foam sheets heavy duty tape, protect the woofer. But you haven't charged him enough to buy proper packaging so you will ship it poorly and if it gets damaged he 'deserves it'.

I told him it was impossible to do and when I told him it would cost £50 to ship he said he knew what it costs to ship items like this and said £25 should be more than enough and £5 for all the inconvenience.

Like I said before I'm dealing with someone who isn't very bright.

He wants it done this way.

Caporegime
OP
Do it in two boxes one for the sub and one for the other speakers. Bubble wrap it and mark as fragile. Should be alright.

This was something I was thinking about doing. 2 seperate boxes. That way the main item the 25kg sub cannot directly smash the crap out of the rest. It will mean I pay more in postage but less in packaging as I won't need to protect them as much.

Caporegime
Ignoring all your stupid decisions so far, at which point did you consider £70 to be enough for postage and the item, and why did you agree to it? Why didn't you ask him to wait while you calculate the actual cost and get back to him?

Commissario
You advertised it as collect only.

Someone bought it and wants it posted.

Surely the next reply should have been "sod off, big nose", cancelled his bid and gone to the second highest bidder.

What am I missing here?

Soldato

He wouldn't be able to call a foreigner a moron that way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom