Olympus E-M10 Mark 2

Soldato
My parents have the Olympus E-M10 Mark 2 and haven't used it that much, so I was thinking of borrowing it. I don't know much about cameras at all, but I was wondering what people thought about it?

If I did use, I'd want to get a gimbal and use as an additional camera when vlogging. Any thoughts on this at all?

Soldato
OP
I suggest reading the review at DPR then coming back with specific questions.
In general, the E-M10s are decent performers without being outstanding but Olympus's menu system makes Sony's look easy.

Sorry for the long delay in replying. I honestly know next to nothing about cameras but my parents have the E-M10 II and I was looking at borrowing it to try and learn with.

The question I have is as a complete newbie would I be better off getting a different camera system or should I just learn on this camera and then get something different once I know my way around a camera? The one downside I can find for this camera is it only does 1080p video. Ideally, I'd like to record in 4k 60fps.

Soldato
Weirdly, I'm looking at buying one of these for my girlfriend's birthday. She's a good photographer but has been using a regular compact camera until now and I'd like to get her a reasonable starter system camera.

The only thing I've seen from the reviews that put me off a little is the alleged slightly plasticky build. How does the E10M feel in the hand?

Back
Top Bottom