Hot water garden hose

Caporegime
OP
Here's my garage setup:

2Sz5Qibh.jpg

dSBrH1fh.jpg

You can see the current outdoor tap bottom left.

I'm more and more keen on a mixer arrangement so I don't have to choose between boiling hot and freezing cold, but can't find anything suitable that's top entry and well built within being hideously expensive. Doesn't need to be thermostatically balanced etc.

There must be something out there and if there isn't, I'm building one!

Edit - and the ghetto alternative might be something like this:

F8gLwuE.png

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Tbf that last solution could be made to look ok, given shorter hose leg lengths and matching taps.

Caporegime
OP
I've thought about doing this before too...

As your tap's inside, you might be best off using one of these, then connect the output to your current tap. You then will have a controllable temperature tap, with a hosepipe connection.

That looks cool, though I can't see how it would work with my configuration. How would I get only hot or only cold? Can't tell if that's flow adjustable for each of hot and cold or not.

Associate
That looks cool, though I can't see how it would work with my configuration. How would I get only hot or only cold? Can't tell if that's flow adjustable for each of hot and cold or not.
Although I'm not 100% sure about that particular one, I believe most are adjustable. Think of the temperature only dial in a shower, you choose how hot/cold you want it to be via that, then turn your tap on/off for the flow. (you might need to look into specific ones of those to get one that's adjustable as much as you need, but it's a start :) )

Soldato
I’ve got a hot water tap in the garage the plumber said the easiest way was to plumb in a anti-scald valve normally used for baths on a second tap.

Works well water comes out at 40c (it’s adjustable) which is perfect for filling up pools. Water straight out an unvented cylinder was 60c which was too hot.

I’ve still got a full temperature hot water tap aswell. It was a bit of a pain as it’s a detached garage so involved running a insulated pipe to it.

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
All the above example needs is for the taps to match, and be at the same height :)p), and then use very short tails to the 3 way connector (thinking 100-150mm max?) It'll look smart enough doing that.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Nice alternative,

Hot---15mm copper pipe---15mm brass stop tap------15mm copper pipe-----Brass Tee compression
Cold---15mm copper pipe----15mm brass stop tap----15mm copper pipe-----Brass Tee compression-------15mm copper pipe------15mm to 3/4" brass compression-----brass quick connector 3/4"

Caporegime
OP
Project update: pipe installed, just need to tee into the 22mm hot and insulate now.

2KAMQDRh.jpg

I have one, only problem is the hose pipe has expanded since getting having hot water running through it!
I wondered if this might happen. I do have a fancy braided hose pipe so hopefully that won't happen, but meh worth it and they're cheap anyway.

Soldato
Just a thought, but if you going for the 3 way hose connector option it might be worth adding check/one way valves near each tap so you don't blow cold water back up the hot supply, or vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom