Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Soldato
Most clubs unhappy with transfer fee City pay but my god Utd do the same thing in wages, utter dumb move by Utd again imo.

Weather its 200k or 300k he is not that level of player to warrant such a wage

Soldato
Well you've not won the League or CL for ages and you're still paying crazy fees so that's clearly not the reason. .

as I said before "unfortunately it doesn't work in reverse"

Income is still one of the highest in the world so that doesn't help while negotiating transfers / new contracts.

The reason is because Utd have set a precedent for paying stupid fees, they're now having to repeat that. It's no different with the contracts you're handing out to average players. Utd pay OTT because they've continuously made stupid decisions over the past 5-6 years.

Sorry but you are completely wrong

Palace (or any other club for that matter) ask for more money in general because of income and regular success in the past - its always happened and will always happen (apart from the obvious fact that regular recent titles actually means higher income / better marketing opportunities, more tv money which goes round and round in increasing circles)

Once you - or someone else - regularly start winning tittles your fees will start going up too.

It certainly does depend on where Palace is happy to start negotiating with a particular club

Im not suggesting Utd haven't made the wrong decisions on players, - without doubt they have - but even the right players are much more expensive not only because of the general level of the market but because of Utd's success over the last 3 decades and Utd still have one of the highest incomes - transfers will only drop when Utd' s bottom line drops below several others).

Don
as I said before "unfortunately it doesn't work in reverse"....

So Blackburn are still having to pay huge fees like they were in the mid 90s?
Sorry but you are completely wrong....
No I'm not. You're just inventing things in an attempt to justify Utd paying stupid money on rubbish players. Utd right now are proving that success has nothing to do with how much you end up paying on players. No selling club will say it's x amount for Utd and x amount for Liverpool and x amount for Spurs - they will ask for the maximum amount they can get from whoever they're dealing with and selling clubs know that generally Utd will pay up. Until Utd take a stand and walk away when they're being bent over and or become more selective with who they buy, buying from clubs that aren't in a position to hold out for huge fees then this trend will continue.

Caporegime
I have a source (SkySports) but your statement sounds like it’s based on nothing at all? Hence me asking you.

Have you noticed how people are posting a bunch of different numbers? That's the clearest indicator that it's just guesswork. If you want to believe what you're reading then enjoy that :)

Soldato
Have you noticed how people are posting a bunch of different numbers? That's the clearest indicator that it's just guesswork. If you want to believe what you're reading then enjoy that :)
The 300k one was from ages back when it was the daily sport or some nonsense (which I posted to show how ridiculous it was) but this is the supposed ‘confirmed’ amount now the deal has been done and I’ve not seen any other numbers since hence believing it. So yes, I will enjoy it and you can get back to enjoying picking holes in everything as always :)

Don
What you've said here is completely fair but in the interests of not having silly debates on these things in future, it's probably best not to state that he's not earning x without any sort of justification.

Man of Honour
Seems to be 200k which is fine, if he can improve a bit more he can be an elite striker IMO.

Sanchez is the biggest issue, he's being paid a ridiculous amount and is basically worthless as it stands.

Man of Honour
200k is not fine for a player of his standard.

So you'd just let him leave then or be sold soon? I'd rather not, at least not yet.

I don't like the idea of academy players who support the club demanding these wages, but when you have frauds like Sanchez on double that, you can't really blame them. It's our own fault.

Soldato
So you'd just let him leave then or be sold soon? I'd rather not, at least not yet.

I don't like the idea of academy players who support the club demanding these wages, but when you have frauds like Sanchez on double that, you can't really blame them. It's our own fault.
200k+ should be for the world class players, it's a tragedy that our bang average squad players are on that, I'd rather see him sold, hes not done anything to warrant such a huge wage.

Caporegime
200k+ should be for the world class players, it's a tragedy that our bang average squad players are on that, I'd rather see him sold, hes not done anything to warrant such a huge wage.

You realise players like Griezmann, Messi, Ronaldo etc are on 4-5 times that right?

You have to understand that as revenues rise, wages will rise. That is just the way it works.

Soldato
You realise players like Griezmann, Messi, Ronaldo etc are on 4-5 times that right?

You have to understand that as revenues rise, wages will rise. That is just the way it works.

What's your source for that?

I'm pretty sure the only Liverpool player close to 200k is Salah and hes up there with the players you mentioned.

Soldato

What's your source for that?

I'm pretty sure the only Liverpool player close to 200k is Salah and hes up there with the players you mentioned.
See above, 200k is for players who have earned the star status, Rashford hasnt done anything aside from being slightly better than an awful bunch of players.

Back
Top Bottom