Women's World Cup 2019 Thread

Man of Honour
Despite their higher athleticism the US team looks like they are running themselves down faster which might be an advantage.

has there been any report why the american Rapinoe has been dropped after giving trump crap on social media?

Tactically it is a fairly good move against England as they made need her energy late in the game.

Permabanned
has there been any report why the american Rapinoe has been dropped after giving trump crap on social media?
I seem to remember her injuring her foot in their previous game. Just a vague memory tho.

Game so far - we're outmatched. Best we can hope for is penalties, but doubt we'd even win them.

Man of Honour
US seems to have vision where the ball is going next we don't seem to know what to do beyond playing out a trained script :( I think a lot will come down to the late game whether England can keep the pressure up to the end.

Soldato
Kind of unfortunate that we're playing USA in the semi final. Had we been playing Netherlands or Sweden, we'd have a better chance of winning and being in the final facing USA. Better to lose in the final than semi final.

Man of Honour
Kind of unfortunate that we're playing USA in the semi final. Had we been playing Netherlands or Sweden, we'd have a better chance of winning and being in the final facing USA. Better to lose in the final than semi final.

Yeah though the Netherlands looked dangerous even against the US I think they can control much of the field - I wouldn't bet against them winning if it wasn't for they seem to lack a consistent finisher.

Soldato
As good as this World Cup has been the USA are really stretching it with their play acting now, it's undoing all the good things I've said re: vs Mens game.

Back
Top Bottom