How do these people survive.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Best part was

So despite spending £40 to get the first toy for her 5 month year old, she then just HAD to have another one, spent another £60, still complained.

same story in the daily star

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/la...de-machine-rigged-cheat-angry-complaint-dumbo
its like the episode of the simpsons where they become carnies, and explain the fiddled the ring toss game to Homer...and he still asks to buy some more goes

The picture captioned "HARD TO GET: The toy isn't available in shops, says Cheryl" with a photo of the toy on Amazon made me laugh

Headline should be Stupidity Tax Success

Soldato
What do you mean it's really only the parents left? They should be the primary source. If they're not up to it they shouldn't be having kids in the first place.
Parents can't be expected to know everything - that's why schools exist.

With gambling in particular, plenty of people have never gambled, plenty of others have a little but never had any sort of compulsion with it, and in both cases they might reasonably have little awareness of the problems some people have with it. Difficult to pass on lessons you've never had to learn yourself

Soldato
Technically, if these are gambling machines, shouldn't they be in the 18 and over section of all arcades and not out on the front where under 18's can play them?

Caporegime
Lock her up!

:confused: :rolleyes:

That was my fav bit

'the incident unfolded'

Its a gambling machine house always wins. If you actually want a teddy buy it. Its not even like she didn't have the money for it lol.

Its like me saying I want that old banger car I have the money, but I'll play the lottery until I win and buy it that way.

Caporegime
Parents can't be expected to know everything - that's why schools exist.

With gambling in particular, plenty of people have never gambled, plenty of others have a little but never had any sort of compulsion with it, and in both cases they might reasonably have little awareness of the problems some people have with it. Difficult to pass on lessons you've never had to learn yourself

Schools are there to provide an education, not life lessons. Nobody knows everything, that's why if you don't know something you make an effort to find out. From your response it seems you don't exactly expect parents to have to do anything to raise and educate their own children.

Soldato
I'm sure these machines take a lot of money from parents/grandparents who are eager to please their kids/grandkids. My sister in law (a non-vaping top revenue earner with big alloys, Gucci handbags et al) spent a fortune on a coin pusher arcade machine when we were in Whitby one summer. Just so she could win a little plastic toy for each of her grandkids.

She was like a woman possessed.

Soldato
Schools are there to provide an education, not life lessons. Nobody knows everything, that's why if you don't know something you make an effort to find out. From your response it seems you don't exactly expect parents to have to do anything to raise and educate their own children.

Nor do a lot a lot of other parents either. At my missus's school, they have kids turn up who aren't toilet trained and can't dress themselves. The parents think it's the schools job to teach them everything.

You don't need to spend time and money travelling to shops - just go online and buy the toy.

Get you with your fancy online shopping! :p

Associate
I'd be raging if I was the manager in this story. They weren't there which suggests that they were on a day off and had to put up with a call from a window licker all because some stupid employee allowed the window licker to get hold of their phone number.
That employee would be on toilet cleaning duties for months.

Back
Top Bottom