Steam Sale started today

Soldato
Can the £5 extra discount be used on any game, or does there have to be a minimium price? Just noticed they added some tasks to up your boost level, so am at 6k tokens now.

Soldato
Mad Max
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Starbound
Icewind Dale Enhanced
Baldurs Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion

Currently playing through a Baldurs Gate EE Trilogy mod campaign, which required SoD to work. Bangs all the maps from the three games into one huge world and lets you play through from start to finish with NPC continuity and the like.

Permabanned
Remember when Steam sales used to be good? I feel sorry for steam, it's not their fault the majority of new games are crap.

Last edited:
Soldato
I guess it's a mixture of all the grey market sellers popping up that have made it so Steams prices are never that spectacular. Then along came the Humble bundles (which were also better years ago than they are now) and everyone's Steam accounts suddenly filled up with more games than they could ever play for very little money, again taking away a lot of the sales that would have been made on Steams sale.

The fact there are no flash sales so after checking the mediocre prices on day 1 the sale is basically over. 0 effort is put into the activities (a race that's dictated by reddit and the rewards are pointless backgrounds and emotes is not exactly fun) and lots of games are now exclusive to other launchers also play a part as well.

Soldato
I think the sales are worse (particularly due to the loss of the flash deals) but I also think people have a perception that things are even worse because a lot of us own vast libraries of games at this point (and you wouldn't buy or pay attention to something you already own)... Go and look at the prices for the slightly older games you owned and enjoyed and you'll find lots of them are at really good prices... Even if we had the flash sales still I expect we would find that a lot of the games going up in them are ones we already own and therefore would still feel like "there aren't any good deals"

Soldato
I have 75 games on my wishlist, but almost all of them have rubbish discounts and I could get them cheaper elsewhere. There are always new games and I doubt most people buy every game they want at launch. It's more the poor prices, due to Steams hefty cut imo. This is where Epic could really shine, if it stops with the anti consumer crap and give the consumers what we want, good prices.

Soldato
This is where Epic could really shine, if it stops with the anti consumer crap and give the consumers what we want, good prices.

Well Epic certainly have shown so far that above all else what they want is to give the consumer what they want... lol if they had anything like the pseudo-monopoly Steam had we'd all be signing up to buy our games on 0% finance to spread the cost by now... If they are successful and get the opportunity our collective trousers won't be able to drop fast enough for the extreme bumming we will receive from them

Associate
This steam sale seems to be the worst I've ever seen. a lot discounted but with steam I surpose being over priced anyway, none of the discounted prices seem to scream good deal like they did a few years back.

The flash sales were great. Have steam gone tighter than ever or is it just me?

Soldato
It's the devs/publishers who set the prices, Steam has nothing to do with it apart from taking their cut of the final price so you could argue their cut is too high resulting in not as attractive sales I guess but ultimately it's out of steams hands for the price set in a sale

Soldato
This steam sale seems to be the worst I've ever seen. a lot discounted but with steam I surpose being over priced anyway, none of the discounted prices seem to scream good deal like they did a few years back.

The flash sales were great. Have steam gone tighter than ever or is it just me?

Picked up Witcher 3: GOTY for a tenner yesterday, can't say that's a bad deal.

Back
Top Bottom