Overwatch

Soldato
I'm still playing quite a lot, but seem to be using Junkrat more and more. Mainly because the opposition don't often have a Phara, but they do have a shield or two, which is broken quicker with Junkrat.

Had an interesting game yesterday, I had just commented to my mate how I'd not really contributed much this half, died far too much... then I pulled of the POTG and ended the oppositions attack. The funny thing, I sent my wheel round and only really saw Roadhog, so thought 'well lets at least just take a tank out'...

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I like the balance they have now.

I have started playing again, already done more this season than last and we only been on couple of days. Bad start to season though dropped 250sr on placements.

Starting to feel like I know what im doing again. Lucio feels my best right now. I can seem to make enough difference with him to win matches.

I didn't know they added replay feature, me and ufon had great game other night but I played quite a bit since then.

I took a 200sr hit from placements (not going to stress though), which isn't surprising since we were in the same games! Felt pretty frustrating, because I think we both played really well, but we got a bad roll with three games in a row when the same person came up on the opposite side and wrecked our team with Ashe. It feels like results are largely dominated by which team has the best DPS, though I guess it has been like this for a long time.

Couple of Control maps ended in epic overtime fights, with one on Lijiang Tower Control Centre lasting long enough for me to charge up 3 Reaper ults... we won that one! :D

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I'm still playing quite a lot, but seem to be using Junkrat more and more. Mainly because the opposition don't often have a Phara, but they do have a shield or two, which is broken quicker with Junkrat.

Had an interesting game yesterday, I had just commented to my mate how I'd not really contributed much this half, died far too much... then I pulled of the POTG and ended the oppositions attack. The funny thing, I sent my wheel round and only really saw Roadhog, so thought 'well lets at least just take a tank out'...

Shield break is becoming even more important now that Orisa is becoming more dominant. Mcree and Hanzo are strong picks right now for this reason... I have very little experience on both these heroes, but I might give Mcree some time in qp (though I'm not sure my aim is good enough any more). Despite Reaper not reaping as much health as when he was dominating a few months ago, he still seems a decent DPS pick right now, and is my go-to at present. Soldier is better after recent buffs, but his effectiveness really depends on whether the other team are heavy on shields and go bunker.

Associate
I would definitely look to practice Mei and Sombra and maybe Pharah in this bunker meta. (also useful with the amount of Hammond's rolling around) Orisa's short shield cool down means she can have pretty much infinite shield. I personally hate this bunker meta.

Associate
Never used OBS but it takes a bit of setting up but is well regarded. I use Shadowplay and I've never had any issues using it, and it doesn't change my game settings unless I ask it too, but you do need an Nvidia account etc.

@AndyCr15 Plays.tv looks good. I might check that out.

Soldato
I use Plays.tv. I think I got it with some hardware at one point and I've just stuck with it. It automatically records any time I'm in a game, which includes watching the replays.
Thanks Andy looks easy to download and use.

You are really good with them junk ults. You seem to get them big ones every game when I played with ya. I still haven't got the hang of it.

I was left to play DPS other day so I picked junk rat and had great start to my match. I will download that program and record first min.

I got 120hz tv coming tomorrow, hopefully should help with overwatch I feel like I lose track of people sometimes at 60hz.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
When I got my 120Hz monitor I didn't really notice much of a difference moving from 60Hz, however, a couple of months ago I accidentally changed a setting in my Nvidia control panel that resulted in Overwatch being locked to 60Hz... it was unbearable!

Soldato
2-2-2 role lock is coming boys!!

Too little too late as far as I'm concerned...

Jumped on the other day for a few games, first time in a little while... Realised pretty quickly that the entire game is sweaty try-hards and smurfs at this point, everything wrong with the matchmaking and the balance of the game is still unchanged, making every match as one-sided as ever and rife with complete unabated toxicity... what a totally awful experience the whole thing is

Soldato
Too little too late as far as I'm concerned...

Jumped on the other day for a few games, first time in a little while... Realised pretty quickly that the entire game is sweaty try-hards and smurfs at this point, everything wrong with the matchmaking and the balance of the game is still unchanged, making every match as one-sided as ever and rife with complete unabated toxicity... what a totally awful experience the whole thing is

I only jump back in infrequently at the moment - still have fun though. I guess the game can be enjoyable if you want it to be.

Back
Top Bottom