The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Soldato
Its probably in the script tbh (maybe not the mellon :D ). The old 3 used to pick on Hammond too.
The thing is they all.managed to get some kind of revenge or digs back at each other. It didn't feel as though anyone was really singled out. And the banter only grew between them as time went on. In the first few seasons together there was nothing like that.

Man of Honour
The thing is they all.managed to get some kind of revenge or digs back at each other. It didn't feel as though anyone was really singled out. And the banter only grew between them as time went on. In the first few seasons together there was nothing like that.

With Clarkson, etc. though it didn't really feel mean spirited, some of it was a bit mean but it was more in the way it was presented rather than the actual spirit between them. This season feels a lot more mean spirited.

Soldato
With Clarkson, etc. though it didn't really feel mean spirited, some of it was a bit mean but it was more in the way it was presented rather than the actual spirit between them. This season feels a lot more mean spirited.

I raised a bit of an eyebrow as well. But it seems Harris isn't bothered in the slightest. So, meh.
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a2825...-flintoff-paddy-mcguinness-bullying-response/

That said...

I've only watched the 1st two episodes so far and can already tell Flintoff still have that lads together bullying the little guy mentality from school. If that's all he brings to the show then he has to go.

..I kind of agree that he doesn't bring much to the lineup.
Paddy is a natural presenter, who brings that kind of "front man" element to the show, a role that used to be Clarkson's - into cars, but a bit of an oaf (and although probably scripted, a I find a lot of his quips pretty funny).
Chris is the more technical, nerdy, less "cool" character...does the interesting bits, actually knows about cars mechanically, bit like May (although Chris is also a proper driver).
Freddy doesn't really come across as...anything. He doesn't seem half as good a presenter as the other two, nor does he seem to have an in depth knowledge of cars.

That said, I'm still enjoying the show more in this series. There's more little "Top Gear-isms". Like in last weeks' episode, where McGuinness opened the Lamborghini door of his car while there was an open drinks bottle in the door card cupholder. Silly little things like that make me chuckle :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Are we now so offended that we are offended by scripted baiting?

I think Paddy is a good foil to the more serious but interesting Chris. Freddie I could take or leave.

Soldato
Are we now so offended that we are offended by scripted baiting?

I think Paddy is a good foil to the more serious but interesting Chris. Freddie I could take or leave.

No one is offended. It is crap TV. Are we watching the inbetweeners or a car show?

I don't think this version will get the numbers they think it will. It is cringeworthy.

I watched this today and lots of similar things like it. There was a time when Top Gear did shootouts between real cars (even if they tended to be more exotic). Problem they have is that in this latest iteration they only have one person that can present on actual cars. You need real motoring journalists, not TV celebrities.

Man of Honour
Just got around to seeing the latest episode. What a pair of habitual self abusers.
They're getting less likeable each episode, and they weren't that likeable to begin with.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom