• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS UK Unveils GeForce ‘Trade Up Your Graphics’ Program

Associate
Eh, getting £270 for my 1070 standard isn't so bad, I wasn't looking at more than £200 ish on ebay once all the sellers fees were said and done.

That said, not seeing great reviews for the ASUS cards and annoyingly the EVGA trade in is only for the 900 series and below :/

Associate
ya £270 is stunning really, I only paid around £400ish for my 1070 in 2016. (& thought I was being ripped off! How times have changed)

Soldato
Hmm, I run 2 x 1080s in SLI and this is kind of tempting, but only in the sense that I would upgrade to 2 x 2080ti's in SLI again. But not sure I actually want the 2080s, I feel like I should wait for next gen then go single card...

Caporegime
If they did this here I might consider trading in the GFs 1070 on a 2080ti then give her my 2080.. lol
It's the only way I'd ever consider a 2080ti....
Even then it's close to 10000sek which is still ludicrous money.
I need to stop thinking bad thoughts.

Associate
My GTX 970 has a fan blade missing so although it still works fine it would be hard to see privately. I can get £75 for it against a 2060 and Asus currently do their single van version for £320 qwith wolfenstein thrown in. I might consider that if the price of the 2060 comes down as promised by nvida a touch as it will be around going down towards £200 for this card with the rebate. Otherwise we see how things pan out with AMD. Waited so long another 4 weeks will not matter....

Soldato
ya £270 is stunning really, I only paid around £400ish for my 1070 in 2016. (& thought I was being ripped off! How times have changed)

indeed i think the value is defintely dependent on what card you would be handing over.... as well as if the card is tip top condition or struggling in some way.

i have a 1080ti which not only has nothing wrong with it but is a good over clocker as well as such the price i would be offered is a bit of an insult.

but if you have a 1070 it is not so bad, or if you look at it like one of those "we buy any car" scenarios where it would otherwise be scrapped and you happen to have a card which for what ever reason you would be uncomfortable selling privately then equally it may not be a bad deal.

for me tho, i stand by what i said, its rubbish ;)

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Assuming the 970 value doesn't drop by end August, and they put the 2070 Super into the mixer, I think I'll be doing an upgrade.

To me it seems a very good value that they're offering for it, but it won't surprise me if Super doesn't get offered and it's just to clear up the EOL stock.

Associate
indeed i think the value is defintely dependent on what card you would be handing over.... as well as if the card is tip top condition or struggling in some way.

i have a 1080ti which not only has nothing wrong with it but is a good over clocker as well as such the price i would be offered is a bit of an insult.

but if you have a 1070 it is not so bad, or if you look at it like one of those "we buy any car" scenarios where it would otherwise be scrapped and you happen to have a card which for what ever reason you would be uncomfortable selling privately then equally it may not be a bad deal.

for me tho, i stand by what i said, its rubbish ;)

Oh yeah £270 for a 1080ti is complete garbage, I'm suprised that they've lumped the 1070 and the 1080ti in the same class, it's just not. I probably wouldn't be fussed about upgrading right now if I had a 1080ti unless I could sell for a lot more

Would have been a great offer for some if the new super cards were included in the deal.
Says it lasts until August 31st, so I would guess it will include those at some point.

Soldato
Interesting that EVGA will only do it for their brand of cards and pretty low end/ old models (and possibly only in America, but that might just be because Im not logged in to Evga site?)- Asus do it for any make of card and definitely UK offer

Was thinking about it having a 1070ti - but Im not sure its worth it for me currently, just not prepared to still pay ~£900 for a reasonable upgrade, 8gb cards just don't do it for me at these prices.

Associate
The super cards do not appear in the list yet, but I agree its a way of probably shifting the the non super cards so wouldn't be surprised if the super cards are never added to the list.

Back
Top Bottom