Where did you meet your girlfriend/boyfriend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
The stalker couldn't have taken it well? I take it you didn't own any bunnies?

Yea it was all very odd she would just turn up at my flat, gigs my mates were playing, if I was at a club she would be there etc and she would always know exactly what I would be doing. It's weird as initially my mates little sister set me up with her (crazy stalker) on a blind date.

We spoke on the phone and I invited her out for a drink, there was nothing there I really didn't fancy her so told her straight away on day 1 that nothing would ever happen. I mean I was 20 at the time and was having some fun, I'm not saying I was fighting them off but it wasnt exactly a drought either and my flat was always busy after the clubs on the weekend so was meeting lots of people and generally having a good time anyway.

One day though she sent me a message and begged me to meet up with her and a mate of hers called Sophia, at the time I had done a big development project alongside a Indian girl called Sophia and she treated me like a king, she would cook me food and bring it into the office for me etc. She was just an all round awesome woman so I decided to investigate. The rest is history, I moved Sophia into my flat after a few months. A couple of years later sold the flat and we bought a house and then got married 3 years ago.

Funny how things work out, funnily enough neither of us have spoken to my stalker in the last 13 years. What's even stranger is that that wasnt my first stalker weirdo, at uni I had one who used to buy me clothes and stuff and leave me notes which were always properly weird, I never did find out who that was though.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yea it was all very odd she would just turn up at my flat, gigs my mates were playing, if I was at a club she would be there etc and she would always know exactly what I would be doing. It's weird as initially my mates little sister set me up with her (crazy stalker) on a blind date.

We spoke on the phone and I invited her out for a drink, there was nothing there I really didn't fancy her so told her straight away on day 1 that nothing would ever happen. I mean I was 20 at the time and was having some fun, I'm not saying I was fighting them off but it wasnt exactly a drought either and my flat was always busy after the clubs on the weekend so was meeting lots of people and generally having a good time anyway.

One day though she sent me a message and begged me to meet up with her and a mate of hers called Sophia, at the time I had done a big development project alongside a Indian girl called Sophia and she treated me like a king, she would cook me food and bring it into the office for me etc. She was just an all round awesome woman so I decided to investigate. The rest is history, I moved Sophia into my flat after a few months. A couple of years later sold the flat and we bought a house and then got married 3 years ago.

Funny how things work out, funnily enough neither of us have spoken to my stalker in the last 13 years. What's even stranger is that that wasnt my first stalker weirdo, at uni I had one who used to buy me clothes and stuff and leave me notes which were always properly weird, I never did find out who that was though.
You must be one good looking bloke!

Man of Honour
You must be one good looking bloke!

You know I wouldn't say I am at all. I'm basically a pretty skinny average looking bloke, I genuinely wouldn't rate myself as anything at all special. Perhaps it's as others have been saying though and it's more of a confidence thing. I've always been very outgoing and talkative and really don't care who I'm speaking to, good looking stranger in a lift? Can I stand in silence? No I can't. Fella sitting next to me on the train who keeps looking at what I am doing? You gone messed up buddy, coz now you are probably going to be having a chat for the next 20 mins. I tend to just meet lots of people and enjoy chatting to anybody old or young. I think what I was reading earlier in this thread is absolutely true and have never even considered it to be honest but if you have the confidence to just chat with any random stranger without thinking it's weird then people just come along.

Last edited:
Associate
Star in Guildford, 1997. She was standing with friends by the fruit machines, and I knew if I pumped enough money into one it would pay out and I could offer her a drink.... it did and I did, she accepted and here we are 22 years later. Pre-internet I guess.

Associate
I met my wife (been together 21 years) at my ex girlfriends house during a party.
My wife was a friend of my ex and we got chatting and got on really well.
I finished with my ex the very next day (was going to anyway as she was a bit of a pain), strangely though my wife was there when I finished with the ex. I asked her out a couple of days later and here we are.

Soldato
Brilliant :D

At a pub quiz on meetup.com
Bonded over being **** at pub quizzes.
Kept my age to myself as I'm 33 and she's 27 (now)

Friends moved on and 4 months later turned into gf.
Made sure she didn't want kids before commiting !

Been together over 3 years now. Time flies

When she hits 30 that will probably change.

Associate
In the case of me and the soon-to-be ex-wife, I'm ashamed to admit I broke the cardinal sin and put "hoes before bros". At the time, she was going out with my then best mate. He was away at University and had openly admitted to me that he was seeing some posh tart he'd met at said Uni. She turned to me, as his best mate, to find out WTF was going on and he was happy to put me in the position of having to lie for him. She and I started spending more time together, purely as friends, but one thing led to another ...

The irony now is that I've lost both of them; he turned into a massive **** when he went to University (no longer the bloke with whom I'd discussed stuff over beers that I wouldn't have dreamt of talking to family about) and haven't spoken to him for about 22 years, and while she and I survived 25-26 years as a couple, we broke up in 2017. C'est la vie ...

Soldato
She was the year above me in school, used to get the same bus, plus she lived opposite me. We barely ever spoke until 8 years later though, started messaging out the blue and it went on from there.

Caporegime
AT THE ANIME STORE. IWAS WEARING A KICKASS RAD ZELDA OUTFIT OVER MY TACTI-JORTS AND SHE WAS DRESSED AS SAKURA HARUNA FROM NARUTO. WEVE BEN TOGETHER FOR 24 YEARS (I MA NOW 35) AND EVEN THOUGH SHE LIVES IN CANADA AND I DO'NT WE SOMEHOW MAKE THE ldr WORK BECAUSE WE ARE IN LOVE. I DON'T KNOW WHO THIS 'JOHN' GUY SHE KEEPS TALKING ABOUT IS, THOUGH..

Soldato
Am I too young to get that reference or something? :D

Only if you don't know of the common people and was never sorted for e's and wizz standing with twenty thousand people in a field after getting some tickets of a 'messed up' guy in Camden Town a bit before the year 2000.

I am old school now...... none of this dating 'app' malarkey.

Met on old school internet dating site.

Caporegime
AT THE ANIME STORE. IWAS WEARING A KICKASS RAD ZELDA OUTFIT OVER MY TACTI-JORTS AND SHE WAS DRESSED AS SAKURA HARUNA FROM NARUTO. WEVE BEN TOGETHER FOR 24 YEARS (I MA NOW 35) AND EVEN THOUGH SHE LIVES IN CANADA AND I DO'NT WE SOMEHOW MAKE THE ldr WORK BECAUSE WE ARE IN LOVE. I DON'T KNOW WHO THIS 'JOHN' GUY SHE KEEPS TALKING ABOUT IS, THOUGH..
Go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom