Track Day Insurance?

Soldato
Long story short, I went on my first open Track day with a mate on Monday at croft as a passenger and I think ive got the bug :)

Not sure I really want to wreck my 997 so am thinking of buying something like a clio sport for a couple of grand or so but just wondering whats the best place to look at for insurance that covers track days? I've not had much time to google them but not come up with much so far

Soldato
I used Moris a couple of times a few years ago and I know some insurers will include a few track days per year with the road policy.

Nowadays I don’t bother, and I personally wouldn’t if it was only a Clio worth a few grand!

Soldato
You don’t need insurance on track.

And any insurance you do get on track will cover your own car and that’s it. You could smash into a Ferrari or visa versa and your insurance will only cover your car, regardless of fault.

I used to pay £100-200 per track day for my old car and that’s with a 10% of the vehicles value for the excess. Doing 10+ track days a year it quickly added up which is why I bought something cheaper to run on track without insurance.

Soldato
I've never had it myself and definitely wouldn't on a cheap track car, as said after a handful of days you'll quickly pass the value of your car. Plus you're most likely to rub into a barrier or something which probably wont write a track car off as you can always salvage lots of bits and probably wouldn't be worth claiming due to the big excesses on track policies.

Soldato
Does the 'not covering any damage to other property' mean that you are responsible for the cost of repairing the Ferrari you shunt into? Or, for that matter, the armco?

Soldato
UK circuits don't normally charge for damage to the armo etc

If you hit another car, or another car hits you, you are only responsible for your own car. Doesn't matter who is at fault.There have been cases of people being sued though but I think that might be more for something extremely dangerous, can't remember off the top of my head!

Associate
Back
Top Bottom