Klipsch

Associate
I notice Richer Sounds are now selling Klipsch. I'm in the market for a new centre speaker, and two stand mount speakers to be wall mounted. I know Klipsch are quite big in the US but wondered if anyone has experience of them over here. Would they be a good addition or are there better makes and models elsewhere for similar money?

Currently got a 5.1 system and I was looking at the Klipsch R-51M and Klipsch R-52C for the centre.

Man of Honour
Looking at competitor products to the Klipsch i.e. small bookshelf speakers rather than specifically other horn loaded speakers, if you wanted to start at one place that has a long and successful history in that product category, then the UK is the place to be. We have arguably the greatest number of internationally recognised and awarded brands, some of which have been in business close to a century.

Tannoy, Mission, Monitor Audio, Mordaunt-Short, Castle, KEF, Quad, Ruark, Rega, Spendor, Celestion, Linn, Naim, Wharfdale, Rogers, ATC, Richard Allen, B&W, Q Acoustics and probably quite a few more that have have either come and gone or are more niche brands.

They've been joined now by other European brands that have finally managed to crack the UK market. I am thinking of Dali and Canton Audio.

The point is that prior to the upswing in interest in home cinema, many of the established US manufacturers really weren't interested in the sort of small speakers that we started to see in greater abundance in the UK from the early 80s onwards.

What to choose for your home cinema needs depends on your requirements and your budget.

Associate
They're very much 'bang for buck' in terms of performance. You need to hear them to make sure they're signature sound is to your liking though, as they're defiantly not neutral speakers.

Back
Top Bottom