*** VR Deals Thread ***

Soldato
Free is always a pretty good deal.

This is from the developer of a VR Apollo lunar module simulator.

'Hey all,

Ok, I have good news and bad news. Which one do you want to hear first. Oh wait, you don’t have a choice. Good news first.

The first release is going to be entirely free. It will be like the “free” version of EL3D in that you can shoot the approach in P66.

The bad news is that all of the features of ELVR will take a few more months of work. I have the infrastructure in place but just don’t have the time to get it all together by the anniversary. I am forcing myself to concentrate on features pertinent to the short approach and related requirements. I have put a lot of work into scenery out to the entire extent of PDI but you won’t see it on the first release. Once I have P63 up and running you will see it all. LROC data is awesome. But you know what is actually better photos? – Apollo 10. They shot the entire approach with lighting similar to the 11 mission. However for some reason just as they got within 20km or so of the landing site, the film roll ends. But LROC helps a lot.

Right now ELVR supports Vive and Oculus. I have bought a Samsung headset to see about compiling for Windows Mixed Reality supported by a bunch of other headsets. However, that involves the dreaded Microsoft store and related issues. If I have any time I will try to get a WMR version out soon after the “normal” Vive / Oculus one.

OK – back to work…

Regards,

Ron

http://www.eaglelander3d.com/index.html

Soldato
Thanks for sharing that, it looks great.

One of the most immersive experiences for me in over 3 years of VR was the decent to the moon in the Apollo/HD. Eagle Lander looks like it's being taken to another level, I can't wait to experience it again.

Soldato

One of the most immersive experiences for me in over 3 years of VR was the decent to the moon in the Apollo/HD. Eagle Lander looks like it's being taken to another level, I can't wait to experience it again.

Yeah, the HD version is a lot better than the SD version, but the actual LM flight control is completely rubbish, as compared to the current EL3D, and I'm guessing ELVR will be even more realistic.
I've got a copy of the first demo and just messing around with the pen is awesome.

Soldato

If you want a copy of the cockpit demo, just give me a shout. The pen is amazing.

Soldato
Sparc is on a free this weekend on Steam,-50% at 8.49 for the duration.

It's just received an update, multiplayer should be populated over the free weekend and would be a good time to check it out.

Associate
It's no longer in the sale, but under £3 anyway. This little app seems very handy FPSVR https://store.steampowered.com/app/908520/fpsVR/
Displays statistics such as frame rate and cpu / gpu usage in a little window that can be attached to your controller. Mines on the bottom so I don't see it unless I aim to look for it. You can also alter some settings such as resolution mid game to find a sweet spot.

Soldato
Some pretty good deals for the Oculus Go (32Gb - £160) on the Amazon Prime sale today. Personally, I still wouldn't really recommend getting one unless all you want to use if for is watching 3D movies. It's a good price if you've been considering it though.Some pretty good deals for the Oculus Go (32Gb - £160) on the Amazon Prime sale today. Personally, I still wouldn't really recommend getting one unless all you want to use if for is watching 3D movies. It's a good price if you've been considering it though.

Soldato
Just had another look and prices have dropped again, Fallout VR was £20, now only a tenna. Think I might get that!

Thanks for the heads up, when does the humble sale end? Price might drop some more before it's over.

EDIT: There are 6 days left. Just saw it on the front page of the Humble store.

Last edited:
Associate
Plus checkout green man gaming. If you buy any gold or silver title you can get star trek bridge crew vr plus raw data vr free from Intel (Plus other free pancake games). I got all this with creed on sale.

Associate
Plus checkout green man gaming. If you buy any gold or silver title you can get star trek bridge crew vr plus raw data vr free from Intel (Plus other free pancake games). I got all this with creed on sale.
Thanks, I just got Superhot Vr, Star Trek and Raw Data for just over a tenna! Already own Star Trek on the PSVR, but now I can do two player with people :)

Back
Top Bottom