Upgrade to Windows 10

NE5

NE5

Associate
Hello. I read an article somewhere, either in web user or computer active, about upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7 and bypassing the charge etc from microsoft ?

I keep useful articles like this, but I cant find this one. It was probably about 12-18 months ago. Which makes me wonder if it was here or another forum.

Can anybody help with this advice please.

NE5

NE5

Associate
OP
It says you need 8 gb flash drive, is this right and will I need more because until October I have a 15gb monthly cap.

Soldato
I upgraded a w7 pc to w10 just using normal methods.

Unfortunately i lost a lot of data in the process ao backup everything. Strangely it kept all my photos but not my music folder. Yet both were in same directory and then split in to subfolders. Angry pants.

Anyone recommend a free recovery tool. I tried EaseUs recovery and for free it found it all but gotta pay shed load to actually recover

NE5

NE5

Associate
OP

Unfortunately i lost a lot of data in the process ao backup everything. Strangely it kept all my photos but not my music folder. Yet both were in same directory and then split in to subfolders. Angry pants.

Anyone recommend a free recovery tool. I tried EaseUs recovery and for free it found it all but gotta pay shed load to actually recover

Thanks for that, I backup my music and docs etc regularly. Sorry I can't recommend a recover tool.

NE5

NE5

Associate
OP

actually, do you mean you lost parts of the operating programme, or just your own storage files ?

And do you download the windows 10 to your hard disk then transfer it to a flash drive before installing it ?

NE5

NE5

Associate
OP
I've got 4GB of DDR3 single channel @666mhz (9-9-9-24) RAM where do people recommend I get more from ?

Don
If you have a 15GB cap, Windows 10 will eat through this very quickly when it comes to updates..

I would suggest using the Media Creation tool at another location so you don't use up any when simply making the USB stick.

Soldato

did your installed apps all work ok after the upgrade?

Soldato
did your installed apps all work ok after the upgrade?
I barely had any apps on there but yes they worked after the upgrade.

As i said before the location of my files were in same place as my photos but the music and other folders disappeared but not the photos. Must be on different sections of the disk because using free EaseUs shows all the files i just can't recover them unless I pay.

Back
Top Bottom