F1 2019

Associate
I'm not a fan of my t500rs anymore. The early degrees when rotating feels too spongy, if that makes sense, it picks up later. Does anybody else with this wheel experience the same? Anyway, I will be looking to upgrade to a Fanatec in the coming months, I recently bought the load cell pedals and boy they are great!

Man of Honour
OP
Had to turn down the FFB settings on my G29 also to give it a more acceptable feel. Default at 100% was far to strong. Felt like driving in cobblestone on the track.

Same on my G920. At around 80%.

The leaderboards seem way more competitive than they used to. The combination of me being slower and the introduction of the esport community I guess.

Liking the AI, they really challenge now when racing.

Same old rubbish on multiplayer though (why should a lapped car be able to crash into you when spinning about on the track?).

Man of Honour
OP
I really dont get this game... I got medium traction control and going round a corner some still yields a spin even when I blip the throttle slowly....

ABS and traction control have been heavily nerfed. You will also find that if you don’t manage your throttle carefully you quickly destroy your rear tyres. They are clearly going more down the sim/esport route now.

Permabanned
I'm not a fan of my t500rs anymore. The early degrees when rotating feels too spongy, if that makes sense, it picks up later. Does anybody else with this wheel experience the same? Anyway, I will be looking to upgrade to a Fanatec in the coming months, I recently bought the load cell pedals and boy they are great!
yeah, just got one of these, force feedback does seem a bit spongy compared to my old G27, but I do prefer it.

I like the noticeable increase in ffb when going faster and I can sort of feel the front beginning to go.

Don't think I could stretch to fanatec prices.

I've only got a t300

Man of Honour
OP
In acc you can spin tires with med tc on in a gt3 car, these battery powered f1 cars have insane torque and are as light as a feather. Would imagine that aspect of it is reasonably realistic.

What is great about the new handling model is that you can feel the downforce kicking in and can only really go full throttle at that point. The F2 cars are crazy twitchy in comparison.

Associate
What is great about the new handling model is that you can feel the downforce kicking in and can only really go full throttle at that point. The F2 cars are crazy twitchy in comparison.

Yeh exactly, it's great feeling it load up.
Ffb is really very good in this and I haven't touched it at all from standard.

It simulates a race weekend and the sport in general like nothing else on the market.

Think people don't appreciate everything in the game because of the yearly release but if they want a big advance and it realesed every 3 years.
Then only buy it every 3 years, it's that simple.

Last edited:
Soldato

Still loving my t500rs, yes it would be nice to afford a Fanatec set up.

Bought my one and only F1>2017 game, enjoyed it but meet the new FI same as the old F1.

Driving game enjoyment is only as good as your setup=money.

Games should not be released yearly say every 2 years, after 1 year a early release then another year to get it right.

Associate
I used to love racing for my first few sim racing years on a saitek r440 (definitely not the best at the time and held off upgrading until it broke!) . I wouldn't say I enjoy racing any more now but it does help with immersion

I now have a CSL elite but also go back to my T500 just to use the F1 rim, which provides that added immersion in a different way. I wouldn't say it's night and day difference in terms of feedback though.

Also appreciate the load cell brake but again, my old BRD 7 pedals with spring/damper kit are probably my favourite gaming hardware purchase to date. Particularly after suffering problems with all the bundled pedal sets prior and problems with the pots.

Back
Top Bottom