Wimbledon 2019

Soldato
I so hope we see Cori Gauff v Serena Williams. THAT will be a match and a half and I'm sure it's already highly anticipated. Good chance she could beat Serena or if not, she'll probably force every last ounce of skill from her.

Associate
I so hope we see Cori Gauff v Serena Williams. THAT will be a match and a half and I'm sure it's already highly anticipated. Good chance she could beat Serena or if not, she'll probably force every last ounce of skill from her.
Too bad there don't seem to be any up and coming Brits to mount a serious challenge in both the men's and women's categories. Are we pinning our hopes on Konta? She always seems to bottle it somewhere along the way. Hope I have to eat my words.

Impressive performances thus far from Cori Gauff. Hope she does well in the tournament.

Soldato

Different halves of the draw so both would have to make it to the final which seems unlikely. Gauff is playing someone I've not heard of next (Polona Hercog) so maybe she could win that?? But if she does make round 4, she'll have the winner of Halep/Azarenka which will be a real test.

edit: oh FFS, I have to go out later and will probably miss most of Nadal/Kygios unless the preceding matches really drag on and it starts late. Argh... :mad: :p

Associate
Tomic has been fined his £45k prize money for his performance on Tuesday. Rightly so too.
I wish Tomic could be banned from participating in professional tennis tournaments. His attitude has got to be amongst the worst in the the history of the sport. He clearly has no interest in the game.

Soldato
Kerber gone!

Yeah. Was surprised to see that score line. Looks like Kerber got trounced in the 2nd and 3rd set, by an opponent who was only in the tournament as a lucky loser!

I like the unpredictability of women's tennis. Men's tennis is certainly of a higher standard, but I find it monotonous with the same few winning all the time. I would find it more interesting if the likes of Zverev, Thiem, Del Potro and some others, got to these grand slam finals and won; but they don't. Some get to a final against Novak, Roger or Rafa and just get flattened.

Associate
Tried to watch Wimbledon 4k this evening on my approved list TV using the iPlayer app. How do i know i'm watching the 4K stream as to me the quality looked like 1080P.

Back
Top Bottom