• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

Soldato
No question that was the plan, and in doing so they still managed to sell hobbled defective chips at inflated prices, whilst still keeping the prices up for all the tiers on the refresh, absolute genius.
I'm not sure why some gamers make themselves such an easy target for being mugged off at first generation, But maybe that's how modern society works.

Pre-ordering is next level stupidity too

Soldato
100% correct. Nvidias naming of tiers has been shady yet they never got pulled up for it
They do and I and others have done for years,hence my sig.

Edit you try and convince peeps thst the *04's are mid range laptop chips not flagships that they will first defend upon, you best wear body armour.

Ever since they marketed laptop chips as high end and the true high end chips as Uber or Enthusiast or as peeps say Halo product.
The problem is Nvidia control the market and they have the most influence on game developers, but ultimately people control their wallets !!

Pre-ordering is next level stupidity too

Totally agree,

Associate
It's pretty funny that 4K calls out the numbers I am posting as fake (when they can easily be verified on another website) just because they don't fit his narrative, then spouts stuff like forums being dominated by people on nvidia's payroll as fact.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Who cares about die size? I care about price and performance.

its what he does, go look at the zen 2 thread. makes up arguments to be right about all by himself.

price and performance is king, die size means bugger all to the average user neither does power draw outside of what psu they will need. but nerds gotta argue about things for them internet points :p

Soldato
Because it’s more CPU limited at lower res. At 4K it can stretch it’s legs.

It won’t perform worse, but it’ll only perform a bit better at lower res. At 4K the margin is much larger.

If you’re running a dual core i3 then yeah I guess.

But performance for me has been pretty linear across the board. I get the same performance at 1440p as I do at 4k and in both cases my 2080Ti can run 99% without issue.

At 1080p then id start to agree. But we are not at the point where you will be seeing bottlenecking at 1440p or anything “less” than 4k with a decent cpu.

Associate
Who cares about die size? I care about price and performance.

Wouldn't bother engaging, the narrative will just shift to suit agenda. Just as it did with the release of the new Ryzen 3000, which was the second coming of the Holy Jebus... right up until pricing was released, then AMD went from being the everyman company who were giving CPU's to homeless and conquering world peace, but are now the devil and basically Intel V2. Unhinged.

Nail on head.

Nail on head but what can we do? Stop upgrading?

Also there are other factors to take into consideration, take my case for example, I havent had to upgrade my CPU/RAM/MOBO for nearly 8 years, 8 YEARS!, So paying an extra £100 on a GPU isn't really the end of the world because I have saved ten times that by not having to upgrade my system for so long, the overall cost of PC gaming imho is cheaper now than its ever been it terms of not needing to upgrade as often, God back in the day I was spending around £1000 a year just to be able to play new games adequately, now a bargain 2600/9400 based system can play almost any game out there.

Associate
I don't get the "this is how it used to be so it should still be that way" attitude. Not from the point of view of the cards shouldn't be cheaper, they should, but the attitude that people feel entitled that Nvidia should keep doing exactly what they want them to do. Many markets are more expensive at the moment for a number of reasons, partly due to greed, but also other factors. Not least living in a country where we continue to get shafted.

Nvidia has felt the pinch a bit, revenue is down, and because of that we get the 2070S which seems like a great card. 10+% faster than a 2070 and from the reviews they also seem to have some overclocking headroom (even Adored likes it). Hopefully they have learnt their lesson.

Back
Top Bottom