Steam Sale started today

Associate
What are peoples thoughts on Surviving Mars? Worth buying? DLC any good?
Its ok.
I bought the full pack a few weeks ago very cheap.
I have "completed" 2 maps with 2 different starting factions and am working on my 3rd.
I don't see myself starting a 4th any time soon as its just the same thing again, but I will play again in the future.
There doesnt seem to be much re-playability (compared to something like anno2070) and the new DLC (green planet) makes the game very easy but is also quite slow and tedious.
There are no random maps and a lot of the game is just sat waiting (even on the fastest speed setting).
Technicaly the maps dont complete but once you have a stable colony, mars is 100% green and you have water and an atmosphere you are just sat waiting for disasters.

Last edited:
Soldato
Somewhat tempted by Atom RPG. It looks remarkably similar to Wasteland 2, which I liked a lot.

Anyone tried it? I see someone started a thread asking about it, but no replies. Seems to be a bit of an under-the-rader game but reviews are promosing, and it's currently a bit over £8...

Associate
Bought Assetto Corsa, wasn't blown away so refunded. Suspect it's better with a wheel but I'm on 360 pad and it felt off.

Bought Borderlands 2 and Pre Sequel. Will have a play tonight but I can imagine I might be refunding that too unless it can hook me enough to tear me away from my current KC Deliverance playthrough.

Like many other people, I've got all the games I would buy from previous sales and there's not enough new good stuff that I want.

Soldato
I got Redout Refunded, doesnt look anywhere as good in game as it does in the screenshots and videos and for some reason the menu system is unresponsive and jittery

I really want a fun racing game, Wreckfest seems to be holding its value is it worth £20?

Last edited:
Soldato
It's proving invaluable to me. So many games have been crossed off my wishlist on Steam because I've tried them through Game Pass and they don't really do much for me. Surviving Mars was one of them.

Same here, Surviving Mars just didn't grab me despite having wanted it for ages.

Soldato
It's proving invaluable to me. So many games have been crossed off my wishlist on Steam because I've tried them through Game Pass and they don't really do much for me. Surviving Mars was one of them.
Same. Metro Exodus would have been bought the day it arrived on Steam, but after playing it i'll quite happily wait until it drops to £5 now. Next up is wolfenstein 2, which I have a feeling will be more of the same as the first game and its spin off.

Man of Honour
OP
Middle Earth Shadow of War has now been added to the MS Gamepass too, which is a title I probably would have picked up in a sale, so I'll just use the gamepass now to play it.

Soldato

V F

V F

Soldato
Middle Earth Shadow of War has now been added to the MS Gamepass too, which is a title I probably would have picked up in a sale, so I'll just use the gamepass now to play it.

I remember picking it up on one of the recent past sales, the Definitive Edition for £10.xx. It is currently £15.99.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom