NVME - PCIE M and B key caddy?

Soldato
Hi guys,

I have the following hard drive that is not being picked up by my caddy I have.

PCIE.jpg

Ive been looking around trying to find one that will fit it but its confusing me. It says on the SSD "NVMe PCIe" and the connector appears to be M and B key.

Now half the caddy's I look at appare to only support Sata M and B not PCIe.

The reason Im doing this is because I have about 20 laptops with this same HD I am looking to image.

Am i missing something here? These SSD's confuse me. Hope someone can help!

Associate
USB 3.1 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD Enclosure - ElecGear NV-C01 External Aluminum Cooling Case, 2280 PCI-E M2 M-Key NGFF HDD Card Reader Adapter, NVMe Hard Disk Drive Converter Caddy Box, USB Type A & C cable. From the rain forest.

Which model caddy do you currently have?

Soldato
OP
USB 3.1 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD Enclosure - ElecGear NV-C01 External Aluminum Cooling Case, 2280 PCI-E M2 M-Key NGFF HDD Card Reader Adapter, NVMe Hard Disk Drive Converter Caddy Box, USB Type A & C cable. From the rain forest.

Which model caddy do you currently have?

thanks!

I have:

ELUTENG M.2 SSD Enclosure NGFF to SATA Converter Compatible with 2230/2242/2260/2280 NGFF SSD M.2 Adapter Support B and B+M key SSD NGFF Enclosure Caddy SATA III 6Gbps Not Support NVME PCIE SSD

From the rain forest.

edit: looking at that one you linked it has this - http://u.cubeupload.com/Xire01/pciee.png
Going by this diagram, it doesnt support b and M key Pcie?

Associate
Hi guys,

I have the following hard drive that is not being picked up by my caddy I have.

PCIE.jpg

Ive been looking around trying to find one that will fit it but its confusing me. It says on the SSD "NVMe PCIe" and the connector appears to be M and B key.

Now half the caddy's I look at appare to only support Sata M and B not PCIe.

The reason Im doing this is because I have about 20 laptops with this same HD I am looking to image.

Am i missing something here? These SSD's confuse me. Hope someone can help!

NVMe PCIe means it works via PCI Express (PCIe) bus.

I'm guessing the enclosure you've got is a M.2 SATA enclosure.

As stated above, you'll need a M.2 NVMe enclosure as per above example.

Associate
thanks!

I have:

ELUTENG M.2 SSD Enclosure NGFF to SATA Converter Compatible with 2230/2242/2260/2280 NGFF SSD M.2 Adapter Support B and B+M key SSD NGFF Enclosure Caddy SATA III 6Gbps Not Support NVME PCIE SSD

From the rain forest.

edit: looking at that one you linked it has this - http://u.cubeupload.com/Xire01/pciee.png
Going by this diagram, it doesnt support b and M key Pcie?

That M.2 SSD you have can fit in a B key slot or M key slot.

The M key from that NVMe enclosure is fine.

Associate
Hi

First time post.

I have a similar SSD - and need to Clone the SSD as the machine is having a new motherboard fitted and Dell think it may not read the SSD afterwards (and I need to save the Data on the SDD).

Is there an adaptor available which will allow a NVME B&M Key to be read (I have bought the rest of the required kit - but the Cloning device doesn't recognise it (it works with mSATA SSD's as I successfully copied data from an Old SSD to another machine))

Weirdly - the machine (just over 12 months) I think should have been shipped with a mSATA SDD) - and it took me a while to find out NVME and mSATA can both be in B&M Keys (but a lot of the images for the adaptors only seem to show one or the other being possible - not both, so am not convinced).

Thanks

Paul

Back
Top Bottom