• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
@Gibbo are we going to get a Wharehouse pic with a stack of Zen2 boxes and X570 boxes? Come on you know you love driving the hype!

AMD might be on the phone waving an NDA agreement lol

All communication goes through the IO die, whether that is across chiplets or simply across CCXs; there'd be no difference between 6/8/12 cores in terms of latency, with latency being up 2-3ns as a result.

though IF is also between CCX to CCX and to IO die . going to IO and back to other CCX would be to slow then going across the pond so to speak

Soldato
AMD might be on the phone waving an NDA agreement lol

though IF is also between CCX to CCX and to IO die . going to IO and back to other CCX would be to slow then going across the pond so to speak

But AMD announced the release date already, so showing the boxes in a warehouse before the 7th surely is not breaking any NDA? :)

Soldato
But AMD announced the release date already, so showing the boxes in a warehouse before the 7th surely is not breaking any NDA? :)

seems mentioning anything about stock and pricing of x570 is a no go... hence if you know the rough price you go - Z390 Master via one of the most expensive resellers on google shopping + 25% = rough max price :D

Soldato
We don't know how many OCUK have got yet. They might only have 20 or so for all we know.

well obviously I hope that isnt the case.
Come sunday night im buying a CPU and GFX card from ocuk and I hope there are enough to go around. Either I get the older ones for cheaper or the newer ones for the same price. I've got a build on my desk that needs some guts.

Soldato
I keep seeing snippets of information but nothing solid regarding the lower end CPUs. 6Core 12Thread would be fine for my gaming system and I believe the Ryzen 3 3300X fits the bill at about £140 (from leaks) but no solid information if these will be available from launch. I see there are some great deals on the 2600 but if I can get a faster 3300/3300X for the same or a little more I am happy to wait but from what I see only the higher spec R5/R7 cpus are going to be available.

Have I missed any info or is this the range at launch and the cheaper cpus available down the line?

Soldato
I keep seeing snippets of information but nothing solid regarding the lower end CPUs. 6Core 12Thread would be fine for my gaming system and I believe the Ryzen 3 3300X fits the bill at about £140 (from leaks) but no solid information if these will be available from launch. I see there are some great deals on the 2600 but if I can get a faster 3300/3300X for the same or a little more I am happy to wait but from what I see only the higher spec R5/R7 cpus are going to be available.

Have I missed any info or is this the range at launch and the cheaper cpus available down the line?
I doubt we'll get a cheaper 6c/12t part than the R5 3600, which is launching at £189.

Associate
Yup with Elmor Asus Support went out of the window.... Looks like I wont be buying no Asus motherboards anymore. And moving to ASRock bios support and VRM's ware my selling points. ASRock got VRM's support is by looks of it better x370 Tachi got the new bios version Yestarday or something.

You're in for a massive shock if you think Asrocks slow to react support +1 step forward 2 steps back buggy bios's that appear from to be from the last decade, with loads of missing options just to rub it in are up to scratch.

Stick with Asus.

Soldato
stop peddling nonsense. It will only give retailers an excuse to drive prices and gouge! AMD have clearly said stock WILL NOT be an issue. They have not had the fab issues Intel did.

stock will not be an issue.

would you say 3 million units EU wise would be good? me, i would, then realise how many on intel 2/4 cores looking to upgrade could be double .

no doubt they HAVE NUMBERS... just are the numbers of Buyers going to be higher ? haha

just form this forum, looking like you've got Ryzen, Intel and FX owners looking to jump onboard, high numbers

OcUK Staff
All vendors are putting Bios resources into the new products..... Its that simple..... All older boards thus far are off compared to latest new Bios and Firmware...

Your down on XFR / PBO perf even on the higher end older gen boards..... Also down on Clock for clock perf.... But all boards I tried are at least working "fine"

Soldato
You're in for a massive shock if you think Asrocks slow to react support +1 step forward 2 steps back buggy bios's that appear from to be from the last decade, with loads of missing options just to rub it in are up to scratch.

Stick with Asus.

Asus have honestly been awful for me and wont touch them. More so support and trying to get anything that isn't working sorted. In fairness to AsRock when I have spoken to them they have been reasonably helpful and pretty quick to help where can. Sometimes it has just been no sorry can't do X but at least I got an answer in 48 hours and not 4-6 weeks like Asus seem to like doing.

I would go Gigabyte but their Bios screen been awful for donkey years and all the VRM stuff they have pulled previous which leaves MSI, no idea on them as haven't tried tbh but that may well be where I put my monies next.

Soldato
All vendors are putting Bios resources into the new products..... Its that simple..... All older boards thus far are off compared to latest new Bios and Firmware...

Your down on XFR / PBO perf even on the higher end older gen boards..... Also down on Clock for clock perf.... But all boards I tried are at least working "fine"

Well that is a start if someone wants to do stage upgrades at least.

Soldato
Asus have honestly been awful for me and wont touch them. More so support and trying to get anything that isn't working sorted. In fairness to AsRock when I have spoken to them they have been reasonably helpful and pretty quick to help where can. Sometimes it has just been no sorry can't do X but at least I got an answer in 48 hours and not 4-6 weeks like Asus seem to like doing.

I would go Gigabyte but their Bios screen been awful for donkey years and all the VRM stuff they have pulled previous which leaves MSI, no idea on them as haven't tried tbh but that may well be where I put my monies next.

just look at buildzoid PCB videos , all aorus boards are posted . After what they did, they are now the most transparent as only one to state 100% their VRM design at computex and naked Boards on public display. and takes a few hours to get a message/reply back from their rep on here .
Agreed bios isn't as slick as ASRock. very easy to use

Back
Top Bottom