My least favourite Arm Saga :/

Soldato
WTF 2 Years on and only now your going under the knife despite being able to put before a waiting list? wtf took so long?

He's been under the knife twice already since the OP.

You should have complained about the surgeon though, doesn't matter about the his word/your word, it would still have been looked into and there may already have been a case ongoing that this could have been added to.

Associate
I have had some of my tricep cut out due to trapped ulnar nerve. Pins and needles for 6mths wasnt fun. Its fine now though. Let me know of if you want more info etc.

Soldato
OP
Just been re-reading this thread and it’s left a lump in my throat :(

I’ve been suffering with this ever since, haven’t been able to straighten my arm for almost 14 years now :’(

Finally found a surgeon who doesn’t think I’m a lost cause. When I first saw him and explained how things have been he said “Jesus Christ! I can’t believe you have been living like this for all this time” that almost brought me to tears because it’s been hell tbh. Especially now I have three kids I can’t physically give the energetic, capable, fun and happy father they deserve.

Living is an overstatement, but I’ve been surviving.

I’ve developed arthritis since all of this started and now my hands, wrists and spine are affected too, but it’s always been my arm that’s been the most physically restrictive thing.

I have another operation on Tuesday, with this new surgeon, he says he probably won’t be able to improve the fact that I can’t bring my arm up to my Shouler etc, but he thinks he might be able to make it so I can straighten it again.

This would be life changing tbh, you take it for granted that when you relax your arms and they drop to your side that it isn’t agonisingly painful because they just naturally straighten. There will be so many things I used to love doing that I might be able to finally do again if I can straighten my arm.

I’m not holding out much hope and I’m pretty terrified of having another operation if I’m honest, but at least the surgeon thinks it’s worth trying.

My kids have been acting out at school and stuff lately and when asked why they said because things make them sad and angry. When pressed for more detail by their school and their mother they cited being worried and upset about my situation as a major factor in why they are acting out so I hope for their sakes that this time it works and I may be able to be less depressed and physically more engaging with them.

I’m scared if I’m honest and Thats unusual for me, but I can let people know how it goes afterwards.

Cheers,

G

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Man, I remember this from way back. I can't imagine what it's been like for you. Here's hoping that they can actually do something for you this time.

Fingers crossed for you @Guru. Let us know how you get on.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the good luck wishes! I really hope it goes well this time!

Good luck!

If you want a thread title change, let me know :)

Haha yes please, been thinking that but wasn’t sure what to put.

Maybe just “My Arm” or something lol

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom