What a bell end - caution Daily Mail link

Soldato
If this is the same one I saw elsewhere recently, the pictures of the aftermath seemed to show a hell of a lot of filler in that wing for a "perfectly restored" car.

Associate
Occasionally it's the driver's mechanic just 'testing' the newly installed parts... less occasionally, if the mechanic is a good driver, thankfully!!

Happens all the time, i heard a story from a few years ago of a mechanic taking a customers MX5 for a road test after a service. Customer was on his way to the dealer when he was called by the manager, his car was upside down in a ditch just off one of the main bypass's big roundabouts. Silly we **** had lost it on the cold road giving it "large" and wrecked the car.
Noob + RWD = whoops.

Associate
Next door neighbour was there on the weekend, told me he thinks it was the owners mate that was taking it out for a spin and that he did a runner afterwards :eek:

Soldato
Live axles on the new ones as well lol

That's a negative. Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, Charger (even the Hellcats) – they are all equipped with IRS these days. Most have been for some time. :)

So's the Corvette, but that's been independent all round since '62.

Of course, you'll still find solid axles in some applications (aftermarket set-ups, pickups, 4x4s, etc.) – but you'll see similar here, and in other markets, too.

Not that it would have made any difference in this case, mind. IRS or not, that thing was going into the wall.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom