Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
I’d probably have left warm wet kitchen roll soak on the worst of the bird **** first. Then wash it off :p tell me about it. I live a minute drive from the coast, and sea gulls are the worst. Especially the morning wake up calls :rolleyes:

Soldato
I always said the E46 was timeless inside and out!

@geekman how long have you had that? Also tell me that's not your pool, also, when can I Eurotunnel it over for a splash? :D

Had it a year now, never pictured myself driving one but it’s grown on me.

It’s my wife’s family’s place, they have two like that so we go most weekends. Our house is somewhat more modest unfortunately :p

Always welcome over here: perfect excuse to do a US road trip as we’re only a couple of hours from the border.

Caporegime
I always said the E46 was timeless inside and out!

@geekman how long have you had that? Also tell me that's not your pool, also, when can I Eurotunnel it over for a splash? :D

Funny story, I went go karting with a mate yesterday evening, parked up in the nearly empty karting arena apart from a group already driving in the circuit. Maybe 10 cars total outside with a possible 100 or so spaces. I park next to mate's car,a shiny grey Panamera, totally clean.

We have 2x 15 minute races after debriefings etc. Total time inside maybe 1hr. Come outside to leave and see ABSOLUTE LASHINGS of bird poo all over my car. It was unreal. That evening I jetwashed the scum off but some of the dollops on the bonnet were so severe I had to pour boiling hot kettle water over it before the pressure washer (115 bar might I add) could shove it off. Mate's car had no bird poo on it whatsoever. This was a deliberately targeted onslaught by those absolute poo units otherwise known as seagulls.

I was in a great mood as well having beaten my mate's average lap times, but then drove home absolutely furious.

Worst of all those birds were sat on the roof of the arena looking and ka-kaaing away. I hate them, they are my worst enemy now and I hope one day when I die I come back as an Eagle or something so I can beak every single seagull I see into the sea.

Must be something the birds down south are eating... I had some bird muck on my car the other day that I couldn't get off for love nor money, it was like glue which had set rock hard on my paintwork! Also had to use boiling hot "kettle water" ;) :p

Soldato
Must be something the birds down south are eating... I had some bird muck on my car the other day that I couldn't get off for love nor money, it was like glue which had set rock hard on my paintwork! Also had to use boiling hot "kettle water" ;) :p
I scraped some off my previous mx5 with a cold cloth and water... pretty much took lacquer off ! :eek: won’t ever be doing that again !

Man of Honour
Funny story, I went go karting with a mate yesterday evening, parked up in the nearly empty karting arena apart from a group already driving in the circuit. Maybe 10 cars total outside with a possible 100 or so spaces. I park next to mate's car,a shiny grey Panamera, totally clean.

We have 2x 15 minute races after debriefings etc. Total time inside maybe 1hr. Come outside to leave and see ABSOLUTE LASHINGS of bird poo all over my car. It was unreal. That evening I jetwashed the scum off but some of the dollops on the bonnet were so severe I had to pour boiling hot kettle water over it before the pressure washer (115 bar might I add) could shove it off. Mate's car had no bird poo on it whatsoever. This was a deliberately targeted onslaught by those absolute poo units otherwise known as seagulls.

Must be something in the air - I had the same experience yesterday while parked up at work :( made sure to get it off as soon as I could with a hose as it definitely starts eating into the clear coat :(

Soldato
What use are seagulls anyway? They are just a nuisance to humanity's greatest machinery!

Hastings ice cream vendors use them to create repeat customers, one stole my thirty seconds previous purchase of said icecream straight out my hand b starred things!!

Thankfully lovely girl serving gave us a freebie :D

OcUK Staff
Bathing in Vitamin D :cool:

20190704_162014.jpg

Where is that buddy?

Man of Honour
Hastings ice cream vendors use them to create repeat customers, one stole my thirty seconds previous purchase of said icecream straight out my hand b starred things!!

Thankfully lovely girl serving gave us a freebie :D

They're flying scum as far as I'm concerned. They serve no decent use to the world whatsoever. I don't want to harm them, but they should definitely just kamikaze themselves into the lower atmosphere :p

Where is that buddy?

My home town! Stokes Bay is that part of the coast in Gosport, runs all the way along the Solent. In the distance is the Isle of Wight. I'll go there again soon to get the car snapped at the edge of the Needles as far as a car can physically go :cool:

Back
Top Bottom