What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
The Audi was fairly rapid, I guess in that split second they decided to stand on it instead of pulling back in, but yeah they could have just abandoned the overtake.

I find it strange that I've never experienced this happen before, and then two similar incidents happen within a few days of each other!

Just total morons, I see it every so often. People seem happy enough to do 40 in a 60 for apparently no reason, but they can't handle allowing anyone else who does actually want to drive at the speed limit on a perfectly safe stretch of road to do so. They're all morons for nearly causing an accident and they're also morons for not knowing what the NSL sign means.

Caporegime
Please elaborate? :p

Was following a car that was doing 30 in a 60, I was in a 1.2 Clio, my mate was behind me in a rover 25 and then there was an impreza behind him.
The road ahead was clear for some distance, I went to overtake the idiot doing 30 and as I did They floored it. I tried to drop back but couldn't because my mate had moved to overtake too and the impreza moved up behind him. So I ended up having to do over 100 to overtake this bell end as did my mate. We finally got in front and a police car in a layby had obv seen the overtake but not the idiot speeding up so blues appear in our mirrors. Impreza blew past all 3 of us, police car overtook the slow idiot and pulled my mate as we were no doubt the easy targets.

Caporegime
Just total morons, I see it every so often. People seem happy enough to do 40 in a 60 for apparently no reason, but they can't handle allowing anyone else who does actually want to drive at the speed limit on a perfectly safe stretch of road to do so. They're all morons for nearly causing an accident and they're also morons for not knowing what the NSL sign means.

Agreed.

I bet acme was "having fun" with the audi, and they felt the need to take risks to get further on.

We may have been having a play... :p But overtaking a car going 40 in a 60 isn't a risk when there is plenty of room. It became a risk when the Mini driver stood on the accelerator to block the Audi from overtaking. I didn't attempt to overtake because I was watching events unfold in front of me.

Was following a car that was doing 30 in a 60, I was in a 1.2 Clio, my mate was behind me in a rover 25 and then there was an impreza behind him.
The road ahead was clear for some distance, I went to overtake the idiot doing 30 and as I did They floored it. I tried to drop back but couldn't because my mate had moved to overtake too and the impreza moved up behind him. So I ended up having to do over 100 to overtake this bell end as did my mate. We finally got in front and a police car in a layby had obv seen the overtake but not the idiot speeding up so blues appear in our mirrors. Impreza blew past all 3 of us, police car overtook the slow idiot and pulled my mate as we were no doubt the easy targets.

Thats not "a chase" :( :p

Soldato
So the story comes out. Be careful racing random cars, I remember a thread on here some time ago, about a lad doing the same, the other car crashed badly. And all the witnesses said they were racing, and he got locked up.

Permabanned
I'm hardcore so I'w spent 5 hours chacning speakers in my Zee ON SATURDAY.... It was soo hot that when i finally finished and started to set audio up with AC ON i was like.... I should stay in cay till Sunday :D
2db62c03e4bbcb3f1a0be48cf9c9fbd399786232.jpeg

7ffd1b3b5cf5d6fe021c98a33e8e82852cf070b8.jpeg

Caporegime
So the story comes out. Be careful racing random cars, I remember a thread on here some time ago, about a lad doing the same, the other car crashed badly. And all the witnesses said they were racing, and he got locked up.

I wasn't trying to hide anything - It just wasn't relevant to what happened. We weren't "racing" we were just following each other around some very nice roads just north of Goodwood, no excessive speed, just plain old fun. I'm sure he would have tried to overtake that car regardless, I certainly would have done.

Soldato
I’d never polished or waxed my car since I bought it a year ago, and I suspect the previous owner never did either. Decided to finally do something about it, so I used a combination of Meguiar’s ultimate compound and ultimate wax. Unfortunately, the “really good” polisher my friend lent me turned out to be worth less than the value of the products :p

Didn’t get perfect results, but still a hell of a lot better than it was before. A combination of the neighbours cats climbing all over it, plus regular off roading had left it covered in scratches, most of which came out.

Soldato
Good stuff. Ultimate compound really is a rather fantastic readily available AIO. Great for oxidation, hazing and swirling. Not the glossiest finish, but its not exactly time consuming to run around with a fine polish for a single pass afterwards.

Man of Honour
Sadly give it a few days and it will look like the first picture again :( I had mine professionally done when I had it MOT'd and a week later and it is thick with dust and the seagulls seemed to have used it as target practise while I was parked at work yesterday so had to clean that off today.

Hate it when that happens - not so much the police encounter but so often I get someone pull out infront of me then just not get going until I'm well into what was a perfectly safe overtake or moving out to lane 2 - then they start moving! and because of people moving up behind you often don't have a lot of safe options other than flooring it.

EDIT: That said I get it the other way around a bit - I tend to drive very cautiously through 30s, etc. a lot more than the average driver (who often just sit at 40 or 50 regardless of the limit) does but get upto speed on the open road - which often ends up with people clamped to my tail through a town then going pre-emptively to overtake as the NSL appears - but I usually try and be considerate if someone does go to overtake and leave enough space behind me they can get back in again ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Good stuff. Ultimate compound really is a rather fantastic readily available AIO. Great for oxidation, hazing and swirling. Not the glossiest finish, but its not exactly time consuming to run around with a fine polish for a single pass afterwards.

I’d have liked to do that, but ran out of time. It’s a lot of paint to polish!

Sadly give it a few days and it will look like the first picture again :( I had mine professionally done when I had it MOT'd and a week later and it is thick with dust and the seagulls seemed to have used it as target practise while I was parked at work yesterday so had to clean that off today.

I’m not expecting it to stay looking good, but even now it’s all dusty again the paint still looks a lot shinier, and I’m hoping the wax will make it easier to clean. We’ll see I guess.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I wasn't trying to hide anything - It just wasn't relevant to what happened. We weren't "racing" we were just following each other around some very nice roads just north of Goodwood, no excessive speed, just plain old fun. I'm sure he would have tried to overtake that car regardless, I certainly would have done.
I pulled out for an overtake the other day and the guy floored it. Called him a sweary, pulled back in, dropped back and just took it easy. F ‘em.

Back
Top Bottom