The Tesla Thread

nam

nam

Soldato
just had a email confirmed from Tesla my order is 2830 model 3 P- and I should expect earliest August but expect later in reality

Soldato
Seen 2 so far, one dark blue and a white. Both regular models (or at least with the non Performance wheels). Have to say it looks nicer in real life, but still it's very high up and stubby. Still want one.

Soldato
Seen 2 so far, one dark blue and a white. Both regular models (or at least with the non Performance wheels). Have to say it looks nicer in real life, but still it's very high up and stubby. Still want one.

That's one of the design compromises that had to be made. The battery pack takes up a fair bit of space at the bottom of the car. With the 'under floor' battery pack the alternative would be having restricted head room (not good). I agree it looks better in real life and actually the more I've seen it in reality the more the looks have grown on me. I'm used to the higher up look of EVs though, I've owned/leased 3 (but not a 3)! :D

Don't worry, once you start seeing lots of electric CUVs driving around (including the Model Y), you won't think the Model 3 looks "high up". But it will compared to your typical ICE sedan.

Soldato
I dunno, presumably it’s got storage front and back? Not looked too much into though and there’s other design considerations like weight distribution they consider.

Yes it has good boot and frontal ("frunk") storage. Much better than the hilariously small front storage of many EVs it has to be said (my old ZOE and LEAF didn't even have any).

Caporegime
I dunno, presumably it’s got storage front and back? Not looked too much into though and there’s other design considerations like weight distribution they consider.

The skateboard design mandates the high up look. It’s also one of the reasons the 3 is generally regarded as pretty poor for passengers in the back seat. That’s something the Y is supposed to solve - basically rather than a new model it’s an updated 3 with the problems ironed out.

I see them fairly often here and have to say I find them less attractive in person. The back quarter is especially odd.

Soldato
The problem with the rear seat was that it wasn’t thick enough so if you have long legs you didn’t have enough depth between the top of the seat and the bottom of the footwell.

They tweaked it with a thicker seat, apparently it’s much better, slight loss of head room but there was already more than enough for tall people due to the glass roof.

Soldato
I'll tell you what, I've been driven in the back seat of a Model 3 and it was one of the most comfortable cars I've been driven in of that sort of size. Personal preferences clearly come into play here. Granted it wasn't a very long journey, but I've received several comfort-related complaints from passengers in the back of some of my electric cars... Including one who also sat in the Model 3 and found it more comfortable. Oh, probably just my driving. :D

Soldato
The skateboard design mandates the high up look. It’s also one of the reasons the 3 is generally regarded as pretty poor for passengers in the back seat. That’s something the Y is supposed to solve - basically rather than a new model it’s an updated 3 with the problems ironed out.

I see them fairly often here and have to say I find them less attractive in person. The back quarter is especially odd.

The Y is a crossover, so the higher car affords better occupant posture. It’s a sister car, not an update.

Associate
Can anyone tell me where I can find my order number? I have a reservation number and I’ve spoken to Tesla and they say that is my order number but everyone here seems to be quoting 4 digits.

Thanks in advance.

nam

nam

Soldato
Can anyone tell me where I can find my order number? I have a reservation number and I’ve spoken to Tesla and they say that is my order number but everyone here seems to be quoting 4 digits.

Thanks in advance.

that is the order number, everyone quotes last 4 digits as no one is going to post there full order number. for example mine ends 2830

btw: what is your order number and what model have you on order ?

Associate
My last 4 digits are 3683 but from what I had read the reservation number is random (starting with RN). I have spoken to someone on another forum that the order number is the last 4 digits of the booking invoice, which is something I don't have. I wonder if this is because it was done through a lease company perhaps.

I have gone for a P- in black with the white interior.

Associate
Just to confirm, the reservation number must be random. I have just spoken to a friend of mine who placed his order a couple of days ago and his reservation number ends 1021.

Associate
Just had a quick look at the NHS Fleet Solution website, as I do 22k miles a year commute and having had the Leaf go back earlier in the year, I'm looking to get back into an EV!

22k miles, no deposit with the Premium interior. Black.
Full insurance, tax, tyres, etc

Monthly Gross Salary Sacrifice: £ 765.82
Savings on NI: £ -91.90
Savings on Tax: £ -138.92
Savings on Pension: £ -71.22
Total savings per month: £ -302.04
Monthly Take Home Pay reduced by: £ 463.78
Monthly Car Tax Liability: £ 115.60

Total cost per month: £ 579.38

Although my current Rover 75 cost nothing, monthly it would be around £400 for fuel, running costa and such, which makes the M3 look increasingly do able, we also already have a 7kw home charger and Solar PV. Tax liability would also drop 16% down to 2% next financial year.

Back
Top Bottom